We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries.
We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Under the Capitol Music Group umbrella of UMG, Capitol Christian Music Group is the market leader in the field of recorded music, distribution, and music publishing. Employing over 130 people, Capitol CMG provides a challenging and rewarding work environment characterized by a commitment to our artists and songwriters, one another, our customers, and community service.
How we LEAD
- The Specialist, Commercial Partnerships will support the Capitol CMG Commercial Partnerships team in key roles such as assisting with D2C/e-Commerce & physical product planning, label relations for distributed partners, streaming account management, and commercial operations/logistics.
- The ideal candidate will help grow music consumption by supporting the Commercial Partnerships team as they develop relationships and strategies that equip Capitol CMG to continue to be the market leader in the Christian and Gospel genre.
- This candidate should be a dedicated team player, relational, detail-oriented, and champion for innovation and relentless execution, developing resources that exceed the expectations of our partners (Label/Artist, CCMG staff, and Partners) in keeping with Capitol CMG’s Mission and Vision
Essential Job Functions
- Be a passionate advocate for Christian music.
- Help run D2C/artist merch, physical, and e-Commerce campaigns
- Manage partner relations with all distributed labels.
- Manage account relations & commercial marketing with assigned streaming accounts.
- Handle commercial operations by assisting with content takedowns, product mapping issues, artist profile management, partner onboarding, sale pricing, etc.
- Oversee account relations with key Christian bookstore retailers/distributors globally.
- Utilize streaming and marketing data to support placement and partner opportunities
- Support the label & partners by fielding requests, questions and advancing training of labels regarding commercial partner activities and business
- Plan, coordinate, and book commercial meetings and events as needed.
- Actively participate in team meetings, discussions, and planning activities.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Basic knowledge of D2C/artist merch, physical, and effective e-Commerce strategies
- Extremely organized & detail-oriented with superior time management skills.
- Strong work ethic and excellent communication skills with emphasis on relationship building with labels and partner
- High relational with the ability to work under high pressure and speed.
- Basic understanding of streaming, sales, & marketing fundamentals within the music industry.
- Basic understanding of digital service providers such as Spotify, Apple Music, Pandora, Amazon, YouTube, and others.
- Ability to work on multiple projects, produce high-quality results under tight deadlines in a team environment, and prioritize effectively.
- Project management skills to facilitate meeting deadlines.
- Proactive and problem solution oriented.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Google Suite preferred.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and desire to optimize processes and efficiencies
- Ability to be proactive by identifying potential issues and taking action to rectify
- Basic experience with analytics, search engine, and social media marketing
Experience & Education
- College degree preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in streaming or marketing.
- Be part of an entrepreneurial, global organization that values authenticity, drive, creativity, relationships, and a competitive spirit
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and FSA options, as well as:
- 100% coverage for out-patient mental health services
- Wellbeing reimbursements for fitness classes, spa treatments, meal services, travel, and so much more (up to $720/year)
- A lifetime fertility support allowance of $30,000 to plan participants
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
- 100% immediately vested 401(k) match on the first 5% of your contribution on eligible compensation
- Variety of ways to prioritize much-needed time away from work including:
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) for exempt employees
- 3-weeks PTO for non-exempt employees
- 2-weeks paid Winter Break
- 10 Paid Holidays (including Juneteenth and Wellbeing Day)
- Summer Fridays (between Memorial Day and Labor Day)
- Generous paid parental leave for every type of parent
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are an E-Verify employer.
Job Category: Brand Partnerships / Brand Management