BOOKKEEPER – ENTERTAINMENT [REMOTE]
Seeking an experienced Bookkeeper to handle the day-to-day financial transactions of our company. An ideal candidate must be able to oversee the company’s financial data and compliance by maintaining accurate books on accounts payable and receivable, and daily financial entries and reconciliations.
The candidate will perform monthly financial reporting for upper management, general ledger entries, record payments, and adjustments, manage invoices, and tax payments, and, oversee and review financial and artist statements.
Must have experience working in the Entertainment sector and be proficient in QuickBooks Online, MS Outlook, MS Excel, and Google Drive. Candidate should be skilled in accounting best practices and keeping compliant with GAAP standards.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department
- Create annual budgets
- Approve all budgets for projects
- Review revenue numbers with each manager regarding their associated projects
- Report actual accounting numbers
- Review and approve expense reports
- Tax Preparation
- Liaison between CAMI Music and CPA Accounting Firm
- Generate monthly T&E Reports
- Wire for payments
- Pay all office bills
- Writing checks
- Transaction breakdowns
- Expense allocation
- Statement for clients
- Making sure that the company is in compliance with foreign taxes for performers in the USA
- Residency applications
- Tax waivers
- Tax questions
- Maintain and Update Credit Card Accounts for the company
- Provide weekly delinquent artist account reports to President
- Provide weekly artist revenue account reports to President
- Request updates from managers regarding artist budgets, revenue, and expenses
- Process month and end year process, accounts payable/receivable, cash receipts, general ledger, payroll and utilities, treasury, budgeting, cash forecasting, revenue and expenditure variance analysis, capital assets reconciliations, trust account statement reconciliations, check runs, fixed asset activity, debt activity etc.
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports or statements
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Coordinate and complete annual audits
- Provide recommendations
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
- Meet financial accounting objectives
- Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions
- Implement Expensify as the expense report system for the company
- Establish and approve Performance Budgets
- Establish budgets for each show with manager.Get budget approved.
- Compile actuals report after each show.
- Establish budgets for each show with manager.
- Get budget approved.
- Compile actuals report after each show.
- Complete artist statements
- Close books after tour over
** Additional duties may be added depending on performance.
- Verbal and written proficiency in English is a must
- 5 years of related experience.
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Knowledge of the performing arts, classical music, and the music industry.
- Proven working experience as Accounting Manager.
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, QuickBooks Online accounting software, and databases.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data.
- Proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to direct and supervise.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Team player.
- Ability to plan and prioritize work activity (in a fast-paced environment).
- Must be self-sufficient, able to multi-task, and handle projects independently.
- Adaptable to changes in the workplace.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to adjust schedule and be flexible (e.g., arrive early or stay late when requested).
CAMI Music Offers a comprehensive benefits package including health and dental coverage, paid time off, life insurance, and an employer-contributed 401(K) plan. Applicants must be authorized to work in the USA.
OUR DIVERSITY POLICY
We encourage and support equal employment opportunities for all associates and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or veteran status. Employment decisions are evaluated on the basis of an individual’s skills, knowledge, abilities, job performance and other qualifications. In addition, CAMI Music maintains policies and procedures designed to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in New York State.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Attn: Hiring Manager
**Your application will not be reviewed if the cover letter is missing.