Based in the city of London, C.C. Young & Co are one of the leading music specialist firms of accountants and tax advisors. C.C. Young & Co. provides accountancy and taxation services to music industry clients.
Over the past 20 years, C.C. Young & Co. has enjoyed continued growth and now has departments specializing in tax, touring, recording, publishing, and business management services for artists and managers.
The firm is seeking a Tax Semi-Senior to join the Tax Department.
Duties to include
- To prepare to review stage and submit personal, partnership and corporation Tax Returns to HM Revenue & Customs in a timely manner
- Assisting with the effective running of the Tax Department, including submissions and payments, workflow and statistics
- To assist with the preparation of forms P11D
- To assist with the preparation and submission of ATED Returns
- To provide assistance to other departments in respect of taxation queries
- To provide assistance to other client advisers
- To correspond on routine matters with HMRC, via letter, email and telephone
- Applying for certificates of residence, providing tax information for mortgage applications or for accountants/advisers in other tax jurisdictions
- Keeping on top of the department filing and organisation
- To assist the Tax Director and Tax Manager with ad hoc projects that may arise.
Skills, Knowledge Experience, Attitudes and Behaviours
Knowledge and Qualifications Preferred:
- Excel (General Microsoft Packages)
- CCH PerTax (or equivalent)
- CCH CorTax (or equivalent)
Industry Experience Preferred
- Experience working at an accounting firm.
Attitudes and Behaviours Required
In addition to technical knowledge and overall understanding of taxation, the Tax Senior must exhibit:
- Ability to prioritise and manage time in line with office deadlines
- Ability to meet deadlines, both those identified by management and by the applicant
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to effectively communicate with colleagues, clients and third parties
- Ability to use own initiative
Those interested in the role should email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org