Based in the city of London, C.C. Young & Co are one of the leading music specialist firms of accountants and tax advisors, providing accountancy and taxation services to music industry clients.
Over the past 18 years, C.C. Young & Co. has enjoyed continued growth and now has departments specialising in tax, touring, recording, publishing, and business management services for artists and managers.
It is seeking a Senior Accountant to join the team dealing with clients who are copyright holders such as record companies, publishers, writers and composers.
- To ensure effective and proactive management of high profile clients’ day to day affairs, e.g. cash flow, debtor collection, tax and VAT provisions etc.
- To prepare year end accounts for Limited Companies, Limited Liability Partnerships and sole traders.
- To oversee the day to day running of affairs for high profile clients, to include liaising with label managers, collection societies, lawyers etc;
- To prepare Corporation Tax returns for Limited Companies
- To prepare self-assessment returns for individuals
- To liaise with Copyright Controllers regarding reading and interpreting of recording and publishing agreements, inclusion of royalty statements into accounts and to examine completeness of Royalty Statements.
- Liaise with clients regarding business, tax and financial planning.
- To prepare VAT Returns for your allocated client portfolio; and to assist the Head of Department with ad hoc projects that may arise.
- To monitor timekeeping within the team, both in terms of attendance and productivity
- To support Trainee Accountants through their studies
- To mentor and encourage team continuing professional education
- Work to be carried out onsite at the Chancery Lane offices of C.C. Young & Co.
- Attendance at in office and out of office meetings with Staff and Clients may be required – advance notice will be given if travel arrangements are required.
Contribute to Leadership Development
Where appropriate to contribute to practice development and assist in development of senior staff in the leadership team.
Those interested in the role should email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org