Based in the City of London, C.C. Young & Co are one of the leading music specialist firms of accountants and tax advisors. C.C. Young & Co. provides accountancy, audit valuations and taxation services to music industry clients.
Over the past 23 years, C.C. Young & Co. has enjoyed continued growth and now has departments specialising in tax, touring, recording, publishing, business management services for artists and managers, and royalty audits.
It is seeking an Accounts Assistant to join the Royalties Team.
Who you are:
You will have a passion for Accountancy with a particularly keen interest in the Music industry.
You’ll be already working in a similar role and looking for more opportunities to develop your accountancy skills and learn in a fast-paced environment.
What you will do:
- Maintain the books and records for record labels, publishing companies and sole traders using Sage Line 50, Xero and/or Excel (Double Entry Bookkeeping).
This will include the preparation of:
- Cash Book and Bank Reconciliation;
- Sales Day Book, Sales Ledger and Debtors Ledger;
- Purchase Day Book, Purchase Ledger Control Account; and
- VAT Returns and workings.
- Correspond with bank re balances / confirmation of receipt of documents, opening bank accounts etc
- Assist with the day to day running of clients’ affairs, to include liaising with label managers, royalty collection societies, and the Accountants in the business management department etc;
- Assist with the royalty accounting team, to include accurate and correct coding of invoices and expenses, making amendments as needed, requesting and obtaining an understanding of artist agreements;
- Arrange payment of authorised purchase invoices, to include:
- setting up Internet payment;
- preparing transfer documents.
- Assisting with the management of clients’ cash flow, debtor collection etc; and
- Assisting senior members of team with ad hoc projects that may arise.
Skills and Qualifications
- 1- 2 years’ experience in accounts department/bookkeeping experience
- Subject to entry level / stage of qualification;
- Double Entry Bookkeeping, using Excel and bookkeeping software packages
Knowledge and Attitudes and Behaviours Required
- A team player with a willingness to learn
- A knowledge of music royalties, publishing and recording income is a bonus
- Ability to multi-task;
- Good use of time management;
- Ability to prioritise workload;
C C Young & Co Ltd is committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We aim to create a working environment in which all individuals are able to make best use of their skills, free from discrimination, and in which all decisions are based on merit.
Please apply to email@example.com