Based in the City of London, C.C. Young & Co are one of the leading music specialist firms of accountants and tax advisors. C.C. Young & Co. provides accountancy and taxation services to music industry clients.
Over the past 23 years, C.C. Young & Co. has enjoyed continued growth and now has departments specialising in tax, touring, recording, publishing, business management services for artists and managers, and royalty audits.
It is seeking a Royalties Audit Assistant to join the team dealing with recording and music publishing audits
Main Purpose of Job
- To carry out royalty audit work in accordance with CC Young’s standard methodology, as required by the Royalty Audit Manager.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience, Attitudes and Behaviours Specialist Skills Required:
- Knowledge of Music Industry accountancy, specifically to include:
- The roles performed by record labels and publishing companies.
- The ability to understand recording, publishing and joint venture agreements, with a particular emphasis on clauses relating to royalties and remuneration, and their correct application.
- The ability to assist in undertaking the audit of record and music publishing
Knowledge and Qualifications Required:
- MS Excel – To pivot table and VLOOKUP level
- Altair Monarch, training will be provided if required
Industry Experience Required
- 2 years+ working at a similar music industry accountancy firm, music publisher or record label.
Attitudes and Behaviours Required
- The ability to prioritise.
- The ability to meet deadlines, as identified by the Royalty Audit Manager.
- The ability to work well with others.
C C Young & Co Ltd is committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We aim to create a working environment in which all individuals are able to make best use of their skills, free from discrimination, and in which all decisions are based on merit.