Based in the city of London, C.C. Young & Co are one of the leading music specialist firms of accountants and tax advisors, providing accountancy and taxation services to music industry clients.
Over the past 20 years, C.C. Young & Co. has enjoyed continued growth and now has departments specialising in tax, touring, recording, publishing, and business management services for artists and managers.
It is seeking a Project Accountant to join the Touring & Business Management Department.
The Project Accountant role in our busy Touring Department is the perfect opportunity for a qualified ACCA/ ACA accountant looking to make the transition from general practice into the niche specialism of Music Industry accountancy and business management.
Day to day, you will be preparing year end accounts for Sole Traders, Partnerships, Limited companies and LLPs and assisting the Head of Department with ad hoc projects.
By working on a variety of projects, your reach will span across all staff in the touring department, including senior management interaction and direct interaction with Partners.
You will have a crash course on the ins and outs of music industry finance.
- To prepare year end accounts for Limited Companies, Limited Liability Partnerships and sole traders.
- To prepare Management Accounts
- To assist with ad hoc projects that may arise.
Skills, Knowledge Experience, Attitudes and Behaviours
- Qualified ACCA/ACA
- Experience of working in an accountancy practice
- Interest in the Music Industry
Knowledge and Attitudes and Behaviours Required
- Good working knowledge of CCH Accounts Production Software or similar and Sage Line 50
- Good working knowledge of Excel);
- Ability to produce Accounts Working Papers to high quality standard;
- Ability to exercise judgement and consideration in respect of presentation of financial information, e.g.
- General understanding of work undertaken by and issues concerning all C.C. Young & Co. departments (Personal Tax, Corporation Tax, Royalties & Audit, and Company Secretarial).
- Ability to prioritise workload;
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines and produce accurate work whilst under pressure;
- Ability to use time in the office efficiently in order to achieve maximum level of productivity;
- Awareness of chargeable time vs non-chargeable time
- Ability to work to a budget; and
- Awareness of clients’ “ability to bear”.
- Ability to work well with others.
Those interested in the role should email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org