Based in the city of London, C.C. Young & Co are one of the leading music specialist firms of accountants and tax advisors. C.C. Young & Co. provides accountancy and taxation services to music industry clients.
Over the past 20 years, C.C. Young & Co. has enjoyed continued growth and now has departments specialising in tax, touring, recording, publishing, and business management services for artists and managers.
It is seeking an Assistant Copyright Controller to join the team dealing with clients who are copyright holders such as record companies, publishers, writers and composers.
Main Purpose of Job
- Maintaining agreements files
- Maintaining royalty statement files
- Maintaining licence files
- To ensure effective and proactive management of high profile clients’ repertoire registration and collection with the appropriate collecting societies.
- To administer the receipt and organisation of royalty statements, both paper and electronically; to include: authority letters, tax forms etc.
- To assist in the preparation of royalty accounting for record labels and publishing companies using Counterpoint software
- To administer PRS Live
- Handling the registration process for tracks for PPL, PRS, MCPS and other collection societies.
- To assist the Head of Department with ad hoc projects that may arise.
- Working Conditions
- Work to be carried out onsite at the of C.C. Young & Co Offices
- Attendance at in office and out of office meetings with Staff and Clients may be required – advance notice will be given if travel arrangements are required.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience Attitudes and Behaviours
Skills & Qualifications Required:
- Working knowledge of recording and publishing companies and collection societies;
- Ability to interpret agreements; and
- 2 years+ working at a music industry accounting firm or similar.
Knowledge and Attitudes and Behaviours Required
Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office, with a primary focus on Word and Outlook;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Ability to follow projects through to completion;
- Good use of time management;
- Friendly, helpful attitude;
- Attention to detail;
- “Go – with – the – flow” attitude; i.e. ability to be able to change the plan in order to accommodate urgent matters which may occur during the day
- Some knowledge of Counterpoint Record Maestro or similar royalties software;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Ability to produce royalty statements to an acceptable standard; to include:
- Correct rates and deductions
- Appropriate presentation
- General understanding of work undertaken by and issues concerning all C.C. Young & Co. departments (Personal Tax, Corporation Tax, Royalties & Audit, and Company Secretarial).
- Ability to prioritise workload;
- Ability to work to deadlines and produce accurate work whilst under pressure;
- Ability to effectively communicate with colleagues and clients:
- Client Meetings (e.g. presenting result to management, communication with lawyers etc)
- Telephone Conversations
- Structured Written Correspondence (e-mails / letters), which may cover several distinct but related issues.
- Ability to use time in the office efficiently in order to achieve maximum level of productivity;
- Awareness of chargeable time vs non-chargeable time
- Ability to work to a budget; and
- Awareness of clients’ “ability to bear”.
- Ability to work well with others.