Based in the city of London, C.C. Young & Co are one of the leading music specialist firms of accountants and tax advisors, providing accountancy and taxation services to music industry clients.
Over the past 20 years, the compay has enjoyed continued growth and now has departments specialising in tax, touring, recording, publishing, and business management services for artists and managers.
It is seeking an Accounts Assistant to join the team dealing with clients who are copyright holders such as record companies, publishers, writers and composers.
Main Purpose of Job
- To prepare books and records for Limited Companies, Partnerships, and Limited Companies where appropriate for level of experience and training as instructed by the Senior Accountant
- To assist with the day to day running of clients’ affairs, which include Record Labels, Publishing companies and Producers
- To assist with projects that may arise that are suitable to level of experience; and to assist other departments when necessary as instructed by the Manager.
- To develop knowledge of clients and the music industry
Duties will include:
- Maintaining the books and records for record labels, publishing companies and sole traders using Sage Line 50, Xero and/or Excel (Double Entry Bookkeeping). This will include the preparation of:
- Cash Book and Bank Reconciliation
- Sales Day Book, Sales Ledger and Debtors Ledger
- Purchase Day Book, Purchase Ledger Control Account and VAT Returns and workings
- Corresponding with bank re balances / confirmation of receipt of documents, opening bank accounts etc.
- Assisting with the day to day running of clients’ affairs, to include liaising with label managers, royalty collection societies, and the Accountants in the business management department etc.
- Assisting with the royalty accounting team, to include accurate and correct coding of invoices and expenses, making amendments as needed, requesting and obtaining an understanding of artist agreements
- Arranging payment of authorised purchase invoices, to include:
- setting up internet payment
- preparing transfer documents
- writing cheques
- Assisting with the management of clients’ cash flow, debtor collection etc
- Assisting members of team with ad hoc projects that may arise
- Work to be carried out onsite at the of C.C. Young & Co Offices
- Attendance at in office and out of office meetings with Staff and Clients may be required – advance notice will be given if travel arrangements are required.
Skills & Qualifications Required:
- Experience not essential but preferable
- Subject to entry level / stage of qualification
- Double Entry Bookkeeping, using Excel and bookkeeping software packages
Knowledge and Attitudes and Behaviours Required
- Ability to multi-task
- Good use of time management
- Attention to detail
- Proactive and professional nature
- “Go – with – the – flow” attitude; i.e. ability to be able to change the plan in order to accommodate urgent matters which may occur during the day
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication with staff and clients, both written and verbal
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work well with others
Those interested in the role should email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org