Based in the city of London, C.C. Young & Co are one of the leading music specialist firms of accountants and tax advisors. C.C. Young & Co. provides accountancy and taxation services to music industry clients.
Colin Young established the firm in 1998. Over the past 20 years, C.C. Young & Co. has enjoyed continued growth and now has departments specialising in tax, touring, recording, publishing, and business management services for artists and managers.
Main Purpose of Job
- To prepare books and records for Sole Traders, Partnerships, Limited Companies and Limited Liability Partnerships where appropriate for level of experience and training as instructed by the Team Leader;
- To assist with the day to day running of clients’ affairs, to include liaising with tour managers, artist management, and the Accountants in the business management department etc;
- To assist the Team Leaders with projects that may arise that are suitable to level of experience; and
To assist other teams/departments when necessary as instructed by the Manager.
Duties will include:
- Maintaining the books and records for bands, touring companies, LLPs and sole traders using Sage Line 50. This will include the preparation of:
- Cash Book and Bank Reconciliation;
- Tour Float reconciliation
- Credit Card reconciliation
- Sales Day Book, Sales Ledger and Debtors Ledger,
- Booking Agency Statement Reconciliation;
- Purchase Day Book, Purchase Ledger Control Account; and
- VAT Returns and workings.
- Corresponding with bank re balances / confirmation of receipt of documents etc
- Assisting with the day to day running of clients’ affairs, to include liaising with tour managers, artist management, agents, insurers and the Accountants in the business management department etc;
- Arranging payment of authorised purchase invoices by preparing transfer documents and setting up internet payments.
- Assisting with the management of clients’ cash flow, debtor collection etc; and
- Assisting the Team Leader and Head of Department with ad hoc projects that may arise
Skills, Knowledge, Experience, Attitudes and Behaviours
Skills & Qualifications:
- Subject to entry level / stage of qualification;
Knowledge and Attitudes and Behaviours Required
- Ability to multi-task;
- Good use of time management;
- Attention to detail;
- “Go – with – the – flow” attitude; i.e. ability to be able to change the plan in order to accommodate urgent matters which may occur during the day;
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication with staff and clients, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work to deadlines; and
- Ability to work well with others.
- Keen interest in the Music Industry
To apply please email your CV & Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org