C C Panayi & Co – a firm of accountants specialising in the music and entertainment industry.
We are looking for a Semi Senior Accountant to join our expanding music department at our London office.
The candidate should have at least 3 years’ book-keeping experience.
The role is within our music department and is very versatile and dynamic. It gives exposure to a variety of bookkeeping, accounting and business management aspects due to the fact that the role does not work with historic information but live day-to-day financial data.
Our music department carries out a function of the outsourced artiste’s financial department and work of that department is vital for the financial success of our clients.
The main responsibility of the candidate would be to maintain accurate bookkeeping of a portfolio of artistes. Processing tour cash accounts and posting them on Sage Line 50. Assisting with the preparation of the tour accounts. Preparing royalty and merchandising sales analysis.
Challenges: be able to prioritise the workload and switch between the tasks upon urgent requests from clients.
- General Bookkeeping responsibilities.
- Processing purchase invoices, posting on Sage.
- Processing payments to the suppliers.
- Chasing suppliers for missing invoices.
- Analysing cash receipts on excel spreadsheet. Posting on Sage.
- Preparing sales invoices and sending them to the customers.
- Chasing outstanding debtors.
- Responding to the basic customer and supplier queries.
- Preparing and submitting VAT returns.
- Preparing and submitting EC Sales lists.
- Reconciliation of GBP and currency bank accounts.
Tour & artiste accounts
- Preparing tour reconciliations and variance analysis.
- Preparing and submitting A1 applications.
- Providing production back-up to overseas promoters.
- Liaising with the tour manager, artiste management and promoters with regards to the artiste’s affairs.
- Preparing management accounts reports.
- Royalty analysis and calculations of the management commission.
- Merchandising sales analysis.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Candidate needs to be organised and methodical
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- The ability to follow instructions
- The ability to use own initiative and to think outside the box
- Solid grasp of double entry including accruals & prepayments, accrued & deferred income, bank reconciliations.
- Working knowledge of Sage, with the ability to run & export reports
- Intermediate excel skills – minimum the ability – pivot tables, VLookup, If statements
- Good understanding of P&L and Balance Sheet
- Good knowledge of VAT rules and the ability to produce a VAT return to review stage
- Able to prepare cash forecasts/cash flows/management accounts.
- The ability to build sage reports
- The ability to prioritise
- Previous supervisory experience
CVs to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org