Founded in 2012, ByteDance‘s mission is to inspire creativity and enrich life. With a suite of more than a dozen products, including TikTok, Helo, and Resso, as well as platforms specific to the China market, including Toutiao, Douyin, and Xigua, ByteDance has made it easier and more fun for people to connect with, consume, and create content.
Why Join Us
At ByteDance, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate, and creative. We create to inspire – for you, for us, and for millions of users across all of our products. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make an impact happen with a career at ByteDance.
About the Team
The music strategy team is responsible for the overall strategy of ByteDance’s global music business and works closely with various business departments including Tiktok, Global Business Development Team, SoundOn, and Resso. This role provides you the opportunity to contribute to the creation and development of a world-class music ecosystem that brings unique and meaningful value to both ByteDance and the whole music industry.
- Develop and refine the overall strategy of ByteDance Music as well as the breakdown of each business tactics
- Identify new opportunities through in-depth research to explore the feasibility of emerging opportunities (product/monetization/content) and help with the project landing
- Maintain quality communication with global cross-function teams to align strategic goals within the music team and help with data business pain points
- Acute and resourceful on industry trends and competitors’ move
- Minimum of 8 years of experience working in strategy, consulting, and corporate development on the TMT sector, or a -Strategic thinker with vast knowledge and experience in the music business
- Strong understanding of digital environments.
- An experienced and independent researcher using data and analytics
- Highly self-motivated idealist with strong project management skills
- Experience in the global music industry is highly preferred
ByteDance is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At ByteDance, our mission is to inspire creativity and enrich life. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
ByteDance is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or accommodation, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org