Founded in 2012, ByteDance‘s mission is to inspire creativity and enrich life.
With a suite of more than a dozen products, including TikTok, Helo, and Resso, as well as platforms specific to the China market, including Toutiao, Douyin, and Xigua, ByteDance has made it easier and more fun for people to connect with, consume, and create content.
Why Join Us
At ByteDance, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire – for you, for us, and for millions of users across all of our products. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at ByteDance.
About the Team
In this role you’ll ensure that artists see ByteDance as the #1 partner for artist development, promotion and monetization. Focusing on the US music landscape, you will sign and develop artists within the independent music community. Our ideal candidate is passionate about music and has a strong desire to make a positive impact on the music industry as a whole.
– Identify, sign, and develop new artists across genres, with a data-driven mind, good editorial sense, and a thorough understanding of the music landscape
– Serve as creative and strategic liaison between artists and the platform
– Supervise the production of records and oversee all aspects of the recording process from writing all the way through delivering final recordings
– Develop and maintain relationships within the creative community, cultivating a strong network of artists, songwriters, producers, engineers, managers, studios and other creatives
– Work cross-functionally to organize promotional and marketing efforts related to an artist’s release campaign and strategy
– Analyze artist performance data across all platforms
– Responsible for the budget, P&L and ROI of each artist signed
– 5+ years of music industry experience, with a data-driven approach and demonstrated track record of finding emerging artists with world-class talent and commercial potential
– You have deep understanding of TikTok and knowledge of musical trends, movements, and styles, and you have a finely tuned and constantly evolving understanding of current music taste in the US music industry
– You have a thorough understanding of compositional and recording rights and a successful track record of IP rights negotiation
– You love to listen to all kinds of music despite genres or languages, and can work unpredictable schedules including seeing live music, listening to demos, analyzing data and spending time with artists
– You have a natural aptitude for translating data into insights and trends and the appetite to influence new strategies based on these insights
– You are well organized, dedicated, with the ability to plan and deliver on tight deadlines and pay outstanding attention to detail
– You have excellent communication and relationship building skills and time management skills, and you’ve built strong & wide relationships across the US music industry
– You are a great teammate and always have a positive and humble attitude
ByteDance is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At ByteDance, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.