This role will be working closely with our roster of talent, catalogue of music, and Executive team to strategize and execute on creative pitches for sync, custom music projects, artist releases, and branding partnerships.
Candidates for this job must have previous experience in a creative role, project management, and an extremely well-organized mind capable of managing multiple overlapping projects and opportunities on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
For this role you must be a strong communicator. Existing relationships and a presence in the marketplace is important, but you must also be skilled at forming and maintaining new relationships. It is important to have a vast musical knowledge and broad taste as you will often be required to suggest or lead creative discussions regarding musical genre ideas, styles, references, lyrical content, and so on.
Familiarity with agreements between artists and publishers or labels is critical. This role will often require review and/or summarization of terms from said agreements.
This position will require a lot of creative thinking, paired with the practical delivery and procurement of sync placements or other monetizations of the music created or represented by our team.
Success in this role will require a complete understanding of publishing revenue streams, creative opportunities, and the ability to bring a strategic growth to the creative sync team. You should be familiar with the music publishing landscape and how important the role of a creative sync leader is to the overall growth of the business. Extraordinary success in this role will be the identification and development of new markets or avenues to monetize our artists’ music on a domestic or global level.
- Pitch and place songs from our roster of talent in film, TV, video games, advertisements, promos, trailers, and soundtracks.
- Develop and maintain relationships with music supervisors, TV & Film executives, advertising executives, game developers, producers, directors, and etc.
- Organization of assets and materials for ease of licensing/clearance (split sheets, co-publishers, copyright owners, composers, managers, attorneys, and fees).
- Responsibility of right’s management and copyright clearance of all company IP.
- Maintenance and tracking of licensing projects and opportunities
- Responsibility to set and meet revenue goals with executive team.
- Creative direction when opportunities for custom works or company strategy requires.
- Work with Legal and Executive team to ensure that every license is executed and accounted for.
- Development of programs and strategies to raise awareness of the music in our catalogue.
- Work directly with artists and managers to ensure placement opportunities.
- Organize and attend showcases, discover new talent that would enhance our catalogue of music.
- A&R and coordinate co-writing sessions for artists on our roster.
- Develop and maintain relationships with publishers, labels and artists to be aware of developing artists looking for songs to release.
- 5-10 years of experience working in sync licensing roles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills.
- Multi-tasking, attention to detail, time management.
- A deep love for entertainment, music and production.
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently with clear accountability.
- Intermediate knowledge of all standard computer programs and file management systems.
- Strong media relationships and the ability to cultivate additional contacts in the space
- Collaborative and creative individual who enjoys partnering closely across teams and departments to create and distribute the most impactful presentations