Buma/Stemra is looking for an experienced digital licensing specialist to join our Online team. Our team works with Spotify, Apple, Facebook, YouTube and many others to drive revenue for our more than 30,000 publishers, composers and writers. Although we are based in the Netherlands, we are open to international applications. We provide excellent digital working tools and are happy to facilitate flexible working from home including the option for working 4 or 5 day week for the right candidate.
This is an exciting position in which you will be negotiating both new and existing key commercial partnerships with licensees across music streaming, UGC, VOD, and new innovative digital exploitations, as well as supporting the Head of Online Licensing with the most significant commercial opportunities. You will work closely with internal and external (international) stakeholders to ensure all business opportunities are maximized through effective partnerships with commercial and legal teams, whilst ensuring effective collaboration and flow of information with operational teams for reporting, matching and invoicing, and ultimately delivering value to our members.
As an experienced commercial partner manager, you have a track-record delivering results in fast paced environments. You will be happy taking ownership for a diverse range of partnerships, identifying prospects and opportunities, creating licensing models, and negotiating and communicating complex legal and financial subject matters. Where there are areas outside of your expertise, you have a curiosity to learn, and to identify the right stakeholders to bring together to ensure clarity and value to all stakeholders in a partnership.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 5+ years of experience in online music licensing at a DSP, music publisher, or CMO
- Experienced negotiator with strong project management skills and an eye for detail
- A deep understanding of copyrights, online royalty chains, publishing rights etc
- Confident discussing complex international financial and legal subject matters
- Ability to communicate complex subject matters in a simple manner for stakeholders unfamiliar with music copyrights
- Strong ability to create and interpret reports and presentations
- A strong analytical and problem-solving mindset
- Results oriented, thriving at developing new working processes
- General knowledge and a natural curiosity for current and upcoming Online developments
- Fluent in English (both speaking and writing)
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree
Dependent on experience
If you are excited about this role and looking for a new challenge, apply by sending your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you’re suitable for the job to [email protected] We can’t wait to meet you!
Working at Buma/Stemra means working in the dynamic world of music. As a music copyright organisation we are the link between songwriters, composers and their publishers on one end, and users of music on the other.
What we do
With approximately 150 employees, we are committed to representing the interests of over 30,000 affiliated music authors and publishers. They deserve a remuneration when their songs are used. We make sure they receive their money.
How we do it
We make thorough arrangements for the exploitation of their music copyright. Service and quality are important to us, as well as entrepreneurship. We innovate our work processes to meet the wishes of both songwriters and music users. That dynamic makes our work exciting.