Buma/Stemra is looking for an experienced licensing person to join our Online team. Our team works with Spotify, Apple, Facebook, YouTube and many others to drive revenue for our more than 30,000 publishers, composers and writers.
Although we are based in the Netherlands, we are open to international applications. We provide excellent digital working tools and are happy to facilitate flexible working from home.
This is an exciting position in which you will be responsible for identifying new licensing opportunities, negotiating new licenses, and developing and maintaining relationships with our online music licensees. You will work closely with internal and external (international) stakeholders to ensure all business opportunities are maximised, including reporting, matching and invoicing.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree;
- At least 3+ years of experience in online music licensing, in a professional environment;
- A deep understanding of copyrights, online royalty chains, publishing rights etc.;
- Experienced negotiator with strong project management skills and an eye for detail;
- Dexterity in creating and interpreting reports and presentations;
- A strong analytical and problem-solving mindset;
- Result oriented, thriving at developing new working processes;
- General knowledge and a natural curiosity for current and upcoming Online developments;
- Fluent in English (both speaking and writing);
Dependent on experience
If you are excited about this role and looking for a new challenge, apply by sending your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you’re suitable for the job to [email protected]. We can’t wait to meet you!
The closing date for applications is January 31, 2021.
Working at Buma/Stemra means working in the dynamic world of music. As a music copyright organisation we are the link between songwriters, composers and their publishers on one end, and users of music on the other.
What we do
With approximately 150 employees, we are committed to representing the interests of over 30,000 affiliated music authors and publishers. They deserve a remuneration when their songs are used. We make sure they receive their money.
How we do it
We make thorough arrangements for the exploitation of their music copyright. Service and quality are important to us, as well as entrepreneurship. We innovate our work processes to meet the wishes of both songwriters and music users. That dynamic makes our work exciting.