Bucks is a small company, and staff are expected to take on any reasonable tasks, and to support each other during busy periods. This job description gives an outline of the current requirements, and is likely to change over time.
Job Title: COPYRIGHT MANAGER
Reports to: Head of Copyright
Location: London, United Kingdom
You will help provide the highest level of publishing administration services for our songwriters, looking after copyrights and assisting other departments as part of the Copyright Team. You will be responsible for managing the registration of titles, maintenance of the copyright database and communication with the PRS.
You will also work closely with the company’s global affiliates to ensure that our songwriters and composers receive payment wherever their compositions are used commercially. The ideal candidate should have a deep understanding of copyright and music publishing, as well as excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Provide the highest level of publishing administration services for our artists, looking after copyright and other publishing tasks as part of the Copyright Team.
- Manage CWR and catalogue imports/exports from affiliates and clients.
- Work closely with the company’s Head of Copyright and Chief of Operations to ensure that our client’s catalogues are registered and maintained.
- Ensure that all copyright registrations are completed accurately and on time.
- Maintain accurate records of all copyright information.
- Respond to copyright related queries from internal and external interested parties.
- Keep up-to-date with changes in copyright and music publishing.
- A deep understanding of copyright and music publishing.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience in music publishing (3+ years).
- High quality Excel/Word/Outlook expertise.
- Strong problem solving.
- Show initiative and help implement improvement within the copyright process.