Employed by Brown Cow, we are an organisation specialising in sourcing professional events support staff and placing them within the organisations that require specific support for ad-hoc projects.
We are now keen to source a Junior Marketing Manager or Marketing Manager, working with one of our clients, an exciting well recognised media organisation.
This is a full time, fixed term contract for 11 months and as such you need to have great impact to deliver across a large cross-functional team, ranging from product, policy, legal and mixed partnerships.
You should have a minimum of 2 years’ marketing experience, a marketing degree level qualification or relevant practical experience with the ability to manage multiple projects. We need you to have experience of working with agencies and vendors.
It goes without saying that we expect a combination of excellent communication and interpersonal skills as you will need to support the EMEA Go to Market Lead and Local Product marketing Managers, so experience here is key.
We want you to have a voice, so you can give everyone else a voice though your work. Look at our attached job description and person specification for more details and get in touch if you are who Brown Cow London are looking for. If interested, please email your CV and covering letter directly to sueross@dittonHR.co.uk explaining why you would suit the role. Please also state your salary expectations.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways.
Our job is to demonstrate how our products solve the world’s problems–from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And, we approach marketing in a way that only we can–breaking the rules, redefining the medium, making the user the hero, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
YouTube’s mission is to give everyone a voice and a chance to succeed, bring people together, and show them the world. With over 1 billion monthly active users, our ambition is to be the leader in all types of video. Music is a critical part of YouTube’s business, and YouTube is one of the top music brands globally. Every day millions of music fans come to YouTube to listen to the latest hits, find that song they can’t find anywhere else, get more connected to an artist they love, learn more about one they just discovered, or be part of the latest music cultural phenomenon.
Purpose of the role
In this role, you will need to combine operational and executional rigour, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills to support the EMEA Go to Market (GTM) Lead and Local Product Marketing Managers in the development, tracking and execution of their YouTube Music and Premium go-to-market with a focus on the launch and sustain moments. The role aims to establish YouTube Music as the most local and loved music service and capture the attention of the industry, artists and consumers.
The role holder will work with a large cross-functional team across product, partnerships, communications, policy, legal, and agency partners, enabling collaboration and ensuring that teams stay focused. You will be operating in a fast, ever-changing environment that requires you to be open to new influences and inspiration
Main duties and responsibilities
- Support EMEA GTM Lead and Local Product Marketing Managers in the development of through the line go-to-market strategy for priority and scale EMEA markets rolling out in 2019, defining launch and sustain phase approach leveraging local moments.
- In conjunction w/ the local xfn team, uncover local insights including competitive landscape and market context to help influence go-to-market approach and marketing positioning for YouTube Music & Premium.
- Support execution of local programs, capturing and evangelizing scalable best practices, and tracking spend and performance compared with other marketing activities. Local programs to include but not limited to: events, influencer marketing, media & brand partnerships.
- Collaborate with EMEA Growth Marketing team to manage the transcreation and local validation processes for the global evergreen acquisition and retention marketing touchpoints and programs enabling the launch and scaled promotion of YouTube Music & Premium.
- Responsible for defining, evangelizing and maintaining the launch playbooks, codifying best practices and recommending approach for priority and scaled markets.
- Main EMEA marketing point of contact with global and regional cross-functional team supporting operational needs to ensure all minimum launch requirements are met by maintaining up-to-date project reports, tracking and mitigating issues, and providing stakeholders with timely updates.
- Support management of regional and local events and marketing agencies, ensuring delivery timelines are defined and met.
Applicable to all Brown Cow London employees
- Contribute to the effective and efficient running of Brown Cow London.
- Participate, as appropriate, in meetings.
- Adhere to all Brown Cow London’s policies and procedures.
- Represent Brown Cow London in a professional manner.
- Treat all colleagues, Brown Cow London members, Clients and members of the public with dignity and work within and adhere to Brown Cow London’s equal opportunities statement and policies.
- Carry out any reasonable requests made that are within the broad remit of this role
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Demonstrable experience in a marketing, product or GTM role, either client or agency side.
- 2 years proven experience within marketing
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects.
- Experience working with agencies and vendors, and a variety of markets across Western Europe, Eastern Europe and Middle East
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team.
- A persuasive communicator, adept at packaging disparate or complicated information into a concise, compelling story, no matter the audience.
- Ability to work efficiently on multiple projects simultaneously, in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Proven ability to set goals and prioritize many initiatives and opportunities with minimal guidance.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: maintains effectiveness in a changing environment. Able to be flexible in approach to work without losing sight of key objectives.
- Attention to detail: accomplishes tasks with thoroughness, accuracy and reliability.
- Team working: builds and develops appropriate relationships with colleagues, member and suppliers at all level of seniority. Committed team player, with the ability to motivate others.
- Communication: expresses ideas effectively and conveys information appropriately and accurately both verbally and in writing.
- Resilience: maintains performance under pressure and / or opposition.
- Analysis/Reasoning: examines data in order to grasp issues, draw conclusions and solve problems.