It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email [email protected]
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Part of the Universal Music Group, Bravado lives at the crossroads of music and fashion. We understand the power of smart merchandising, and we know how to create products that spark organic, emotional connections between fans and artists. Our world class capabilities have made us the leading provider of consumer, lifestyle and brand management services around the world. With teams in 40 countries, we create a tailored approach for every project; from creating new spaces in the market to bringing an artist’s creative vision to life. Bravado is about building brands and legacies that live on, beyond the music.
The Snr National Account Manager is at the forefront of where music meets fashion. Representing many of the world’s biggest acts, assisting in developing Bands into Brands and placing their merchandise with some of the world’s biggest and best retailers. This individual is responsible for leading and managing all UK high street retail accounts, including Primark, Topman, ASOS, JD Sports, and Next. They are also tasked with opening and growing high street retail. They will oversee the management of the Sales and Marketing Coordinator, who reports directly into them and manages the day to day duties for other accounts including Boohoo, Miss Guided and, Pretty Little Thing.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Agreeing delivery timescales with customers
- Managing forecasts with partners
- Managing partners making sure P+L targets are met, and accounts developed
- Managing the process of orders internally
- Overseeing production to ensure delivery of all orders to customer requests
- Forecasting for internal Depts. and teams
- Delivering budgeted monthly sales numbers, across revenue and margin targets
- Updating weekly and monthly sales reports
- Tracking all account balances, aligned with pre-determined credit limits
- Working with the VP, of Retail and Sales, to ensure that the annual budget for each account is delivered, with specific plans to drive significant incremental growth.
- Development of retail strategy along with VP, of Retail and Sales. Take direct ownership in implementing the strategy into the marketplace.
- Build, drive and communicate Key Account House Plans for key Retail partners.
- Building and managing relationships with buyers. Think of our retail customers as in partnership with Bravado.
- Regular meetings with buyers to present new artists/ranges/style guides.
- Developing relationships with customer marketing contacts to deliver and execute campaigns to maximise sales and drive sell-thru at retail.
- Regular meetings with Supply Chain team to keep updated on approvals and product development.
- Work with UK and US based Brand Management teams to keep informed of all artists activity and knowledge of key dates.
- Feedback any garment/visual changes to product development team.
- Liaising and negotiating with suppliers, approvals, supply chain, finance, retailer and all other parties involved to ensure product is developed, approved and delivered within deadlines.
- Working with UMG depts. and Sales and Marketing Coordinator to develop marketing plans for retail projects
- Managing workload, training and day to day management of the sales and marketing coordinator
- Coach, mentor and lead personal development of sales and marketing coordinator
- Identifying and working with key UMG account managers on joint marketing and promotional opportunities
- Working with Creative Teams in creating seasonal retail design books
- Briefing in new projects to the Creative Team
- Flexible and adaptive approach to new trends and business opportunities in the constantly changing landscape. Bring the new, adopt and adapt from best practice examples in the industry
- Understand our consumer, by keeping on top of competitors, retail, consumer and product trends and presenting and communicating findings to the Sales team and wider Bravado team
- Demonstrable experience in a Key or National Account Manager level role within clothing, footwear or accessories
- Proven track record of planning forecasting & budgeting. Can create effective plans, working on ways to achieve them with predictability & orderly results
- Knowledge and experience of managing large scale accounts with the ability to drive and grow business
- Strong analytical skills, high level of proficiency of Excel, and strategic thinking. Can build a long-term plan, and work to implement it
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with excellent negotiation skills. Ability to create and present compelling PowerPoint presentations
- Established relationship-building skills. Persuasive and influential when engaging with internal and external stakeholders
- Able to make rational judgements from the available information, by demonstrating an inquisitive and analytical approach
- Open to and strong willingness to travel, both UK and international. Be seen, meeting Retailers where they work, visiting stores and attending trade shows and other industry events
- Collaborative and supportive, works well as part of a team
- Goal and target driven and focused. Wants to win and achieve as part of the team. Breaks down barriers and overcomes challenges to deliver results
- Knowledge of UK High Street retail landscape. Already equipped with contacts and ready-made relationships with influential UK Retailers
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)