Title: Associate Designer
Time type: Full time
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries.
We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Bravado is a diverse team of passionate experts who amplify artists & brands through innovative products and curated experiences for fans around the world. Bravado is a global merchandise company, providing a broad scope of services, including eCommerce, Tour, VIP, Fan Clubs and Retail Branding.
Bravado works in close partnership with both emerging artists and the biggest superstars in the music industry, to help ensure their brand reach the most fans globally.
Our products are being sold through the artist’s official e-commerce shops, through online marketplaces and in thousands of retail and retail locations around the world.
We also service our artists on the road, providing merchandise and VIP experiences at live shows. We take great pride in constantly finding new ways to push innovation through products and partnerships. The company maintains offices in London, Los Angeles, New York, Berlin, Paris, Tokyo, and Sydney.
How we LEAD
Bravado is currently looking for an enthusiastic Associate Designer for our cutting-edge Creative Team. This candidate will have a fantastic eye, be a lover of fashion, a self-starter, team player, and an exceptional communicator.
The Associate Designer will act as creative support across apparel/product design, visually appealing company presentation materials, new and reworked existing graphic designs, and be key in collection merchandising.
How you’ll CREATE
In a fast-paced and growing environment like ours, priorities and projects often change so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Supports the Creative/Design Director’s projects and process through research, inspiration/mood boards, merchandising and creative briefs
- Designs and updates company capabilities decks
- Curates customized artist presentations for eComm, retail and tour
- Designs, updates, and merchandises retail presentations
- Develops apparel and accessory products using original art, client supplied designs, and freelancer submissions with key trends, brand research, and fan demographics in mind
- Designs neck labels, woven tags, hang tags, and packaging
- Strong knowledge of dye treatments, fabrication knowledge, and print techniques
- Conceptualizes and updates brand guides and style guides
- Generates apparel and accessory templates for new products
- Designs some original graphics for Retail, Tour, eCommerce, and VIP lines for artists of all genres
- Manages own daily and weekly to do list to ensure deadlines are met accordingly
- Tracks product lifecycle from designer pass-off to final TOP
- Manages sample status across retail/eComm/tour/pop-up channels
- Manages digital and physical libraries (samples, fabrics, trims, print techniques)
- Forecasts and compiles trend reports (silhouette, color, graphics)
- Works with sales/designers to pull appropriate samples for meetings
- Log and ship samples/facilitates and monitor sample return
- Coordinates creative admin tasks for Creative/Design Director’s
- Approves designs on press for production
- Works with the product development team to ensure best practices for product design
- Stays up to date on fashion and graphic trends
- Coordinates pre-production tasks
Bring your VIBE
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design or Graphic Design
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Fan of and strong knowledge of music, trends, fashion, and design
- Strong understanding of screen printing
- Ability to collaborate with key internal team members on the creative team, as well as production and brand management teams
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines consistently
- Exceptional written, listening, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Be part of an entrepreneurial, global organization that values authenticity, drive, creativity, relationships, and a competitive spirit
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and FSA options, as well as:
- 100% coverage for out-patient mental health services
- Wellbeing reimbursements for fitness classes, spa treatments, meal services, travel, and so much more (up to $720/year)
- A lifetime fertility support allowance of $30,000 to plan participants
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
- 100% immediately vested 401(k) match on the first 5% of your contribution on eligible compensation
- Variety of ways to prioritize much-needed time away from work including:
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) for exempt employees
- 3-weeks PTO for non-exempt employees
- 2-weeks paid Winter Break
- 10 Paid Holidays (including Juneteenth and Wellbeing Day)
- Summer Fridays (between Memorial Day and Labor Day)
- Generous paid parental leave for every type of parent
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
$36,000.05 – $68,640.00
The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job. All candidates are encouraged to apply.