The BPI is introducing a Member Services Manager role. The new position will support the Membership and International department in their objective of actively promoting the BPI and its brands, the rights and reputation of its members and the success of British music.
Reporting to the Membership and International Director, the successful candidate will be passionate about music, and aware of the day to day challenges that record labels face. They will offer a range of skills and experience alongside the desire and potential to grow into the role, enabling an effective contribution in shaping and implementing a membership strategy across our varied activities outlets.
The position offers a competitive salary package including benefits, based at the BPI’s County Hall office on Westminster Bridge Road.
The BPI is committed to diversity in the workplace and equality of opportunity, and applications are invited from candidates of all backgrounds with the relevant skills, aptitude and experience.
CVs and supporting letters of application are invited by Tuesday 18th April 2017, and should be addressed to email@example.com or Chris Tams, BPI, Riverside Building, Country Hall, Westminster Bridge Road, London, SE1 7JA.
- Assist with any and all queries coming through from members, domestic and international Partners and other Music Industry associations.
- Assist with the planning, implementation and post-event follow up of all BPI’s member events, training and Trade Missions both in the UK and Overseas.
- Assist with the implementation and reporting of the Music Export Growth Scheme.
- Assist with the identification and engagement with potential new members.
- Support the BPI Membership Department in producing and distributing the members’ newsletter and other member comms.
- Provide other membership support as required, including photographic/video recording and social media engagement around events.
- An understanding of the music industry and how its various parts work from a Label perspective, in particular…
- Outstanding administration skills – able to juggle and prioritise manage large numbers of projects and enquiries to a very high standard of accuracy and integrity consistent with the BPI’s position as a trusted industry authority
- Experience of overseas music markets is an advantage as are foreign language skills.
Organised and confident, a self-starter who is motivated and able to focus to deliver on priorities, but also a personable team player able to work collaboratively with colleagues and partners.
- Imaginative in developing creative solutions, but with the energy and tenacity to implement any new ideas and thinking as part of overall strategy.
- Versatile in approach – able to navigate different ways around a problem or opportunity – finding more than one way to provide the best service to BPI’s membership.
- Open to change and new experiences, bringing enthusiasm towards technology and innovation to the role.
- Progressive in outlook and supportive of workplace diversity in all its forms.
- Sensitive at all times to their position as a membership professional representing their employer and industry.
- The potential to grow into the role and, in due course, into senior leadership positions.
- A background (minimum five years) in Record Company / Label Services / Distribution or with a trade association in the Music Industry (other relevant experience will be considered)