British recorded music trade body BPI is looking for a Data Analyst & Insights Manager to join its London-based Content Protection team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring and identifying anti-piracy trends and reporting these back to the company to help inform the team’s wider strategy.
The ideal candidate should be a self-starter and a highly motivated team player who shares a passion for music.
BPI is responsible for protecting and promoting the UK record industry. It represents over 400 independent labels and the UK’s three major labels (Sony, Universal and Warner), who collectively account for over 85% of domestic music consumption and one in six artist albums sold around the world.
The company administers and certifies the Platinum, Gold and Silver sales awards, co-owns the Official Charts, owns and produces the BRIT Awards, is home to the Mercury Prize and the Parental Advisory brand.
In addition to protecting these assets, the BPI’s Content Protection team’s core mission is devising and implementing technical and practical strategies to protect digital and physical music content. That includes a website blocking programme, removal of infringing content from the internet, disruption of illegal websites, seizure of goods, and development of legal cases.
Equal Opportunities & Diversity
BPI is passionately keen to attract, and actively encourages, the best possible candidates to apply, regardless of their gender, race, colour, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or political belief.
Content Protection Data Analyst & Insights Manager
- Pro-actively monitor and evaluate existing trends in anti-piracy.
- Generate piracy leads for further investigation, escalating where appropriate within the content protection team.
- Prepare and analyse data sets for trend reporting for internal use and for reporting to member companies.
- Collect and analyse data and prepare insight reports with the help of the Content Protection Executive.
- Manage operational aspects of work with National Groups to ensure smooth data flow.
- Litigation Support.
- Keeping up to date with social media and file-sharing sites to ensure effective monitoring and notice and takedown on such sites.
- Graduate or equivalent.
- Appreciation of piracy issues facing the music industry.
- Strong analytical background with ability to present data in clear simple format.
- IT Literate with advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to get to grips with new technologies quickly.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise own workload and meet multiple deadlines.
- Hard working, enthusiastic, ambitious and proactive.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with ability to liaise with people effectively at all levels.
- Passion for music.
To apply, please email your CV with a cover email to email@example.com.