Title: Senior Director, Film/TV/Visual Media
Department: 61-Film/TV & Visual Media
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Job Openings: 1
Base Pay: Market Competitive
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Other Pay: Base Compensation , Annual Bonus
Required Travel: 25%
Relocation Covered: Dependent Upon Position
POSITION SUMMARY: Maintain and build relations with film/television composers by performing the following duties either personally or through the direction of others.
LOCATION: Los Angeles, CA office. BMI has transitioned back to working in the office on a regular hybrid schedule. At present, most team members are expected in the office three (3) days a week. Decisions regarding future transitions will take place in phases as BMI continues to closely monitor COVID-19 as employee safety is our priority.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Establish, develop, and maintain relationships with composers, publishers, and Film/TV/Visual Media music industry executives and professionals.
- Represent BMI by acting as an advisor to music organizations, community groups and in all industry related events.
- Serve as a spokesperson for BMI at various industry panels, events, universities, music education forums and cross-industry initiatives, U.S. and Internationally by educating the music community on the role and function of BMI.
- Sustain and expand BMI’s presence in foreign markets by attending assigned film festivals, conferences, and industry events outside of the United States.
- Develops relationships with up-and-coming composers, songwriters, film/television music executives, artists, filmmakers, and tastemakers to secure future talent for BMI.
- Actively pursues the acquisition of more established composers, to drive BMI’s market share.
- Maintains a working knowledge of BMI’s role in the music industry, its competitive pressures, and how those matters impact BMI composers.
- Oversees and manages the assistant position for the film & television department.
- Analyzes affiliates’ royalty earnings, works catalogs, and future Visual Media projects in order to provide projections for advances and deals.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of BMI’s policies and practices, including relevant aspects of affiliation and royalty distribution.
- Speak to colleges and universities to educate them on the business of PRO’s and highlight BMI.
- Provide an understanding of royalties in new media as the spectrum of licensed platforms expands and changes within the current landscape of music for visual media.
- Act as Social Media Ambassador to promote BMI events and affiliate achievements through BMI social media channels.
- Work with licensing team on the evolving landscape of video game payment methodology and lead any research in the dept that is needed to aid video game distributions.
- Collaborate with corporate communications teams on web pieces, articles, and YouTube videos to highlight composers and songwriters.
- Explains in detail the services BMI offers affiliates by answering affiliate inquiries about BMI policies, practices, and royalty payments with the working understanding of BMI’s distribution system and the ability to evaluate royalty statements.
- Provide a knowledge base of licensing and placements for songwriters in visual media as a viable revenue stream.
- Coordinate production of the BMI Film/TV Awards show, focusing on audio/video clip acquisition, delivering content to postproduction house, editing, and transferring drives to tech team for awards night.
- Regular attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supports our BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field of study or equivalent preferred
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in the music industry in a related field
- Able to establish a constructive and informative relationship with a diverse employee population, BMI management (both locally and nationally), writers and publishers
- Proficient in the Film/TV/Visual Media industry and analytics for research
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills demonstrated through ease in presenting work and actively gathering feedback.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and multitasking capabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience managing teams of people.
- Self-motivated and willing to expand knowledge.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience working with and maintaining database systems and reports, as well as word processing and spreadsheets.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments to meet deadlines
- Able to work independently and with good judgment
- Available to travel domestically and internationally as assigned.
What We Give to You:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K with employer match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Paid vacation and paid sick/personal time
- 11 paid calendar holidays
- Paid volunteer time off
- Summer hours that offer more time for fun in the sun
- Company paid life insurance
- Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Tuition assistance for qualified team members
- Commuter benefits (New York)
- Amazing and engaging culture
- Employee Resource Groups
Team members who are expected to work in BMI offices, travel for business, or interact with the public on BMI’s behalf must submit proof of vaccination unless contrary to state regulations or a reasonable accommodation is requested and approved.
BROADCAST MUSIC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: All applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without of race, color, sex, religion, nationality, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran’s or marital status, disability, or any other cultural factor.