Title: Director, Latin Music
Location: Miami, FL
Job Openings: 1
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Other Pay: Base Compensation , Annual Bonus
Required Travel: Negligible
Relocation Covered: Dependent Upon Position
Sign new songwriters, composers and music publishers by performing the following duties either personally or through the direction of others.
Location: Miami, FL. BMI has transitioned back to working in the office on a regular hybrid schedule. At present, most team members are expected in the office three (3) days a week. Decisions regarding future transitions will take place in phases as BMI continues to closely monitor COVID-19 as employee safety is our priority.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Maintains a working knowledge of BMI’s role in the music industry, its competitive pressures, and how those matters impact BMI writers and publishers.
- Manages the relationship between BMI and its affiliates by answering affiliate inquiries about BMI policies, practices, and royalty payments.
- Explains in detail the services BMI offers affiliates by answering affiliate inquiries about BMI policies, practices, and royalty payments.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with Latin music industry executives and professionals.
- Develops relationships with up-and-coming music professionals, songwriters, artists, and tastemakers to secure future talent for BMI.
- Presents programs to industry and community groups regarding BMI.
- Facilitates the relationships between BMI affiliates and the Latin music industry by networking with industry professionals.
- Attends Latin music industry events as a representative of BMI.
- Educates the music community on the role and function of BMI.
- Acts as a liaison between creative employees and senior management and interacts with creative executives from other BMI offices in order to recruit and retain affiliates most desirable to BMI.
- Listens to new musical works in person and as sent to BMI by affiliates, with the hope of providing information to assist the writers in marketing them within the industry.
- Analyze affiliates’ royalty income in order to project future earnings to support a bank loan.
- Negotiate with writers and publisher to continue their BMI affiliation and manage termination requests.
- Works with senior executives on special projects, such as showcases, studies, and meetings, as requested.
- Regular attendance
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supports our BMI Core Values and cultivated a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred
Experience: Minimum 5 years experience in the Latin music industry
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to analyze songs and music for commercial success.
- Working knowledge of the song and music process from conception to hit status.
- Working knowledge of music industry trade and professional organizations.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English and Spanish).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience working with and maintaining database systems and reports, as well as word processing and spreadsheets.
- Able to establish a constructive and informative relationship with employees, management, writers and publishers.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse employee population, and with all levels of staff and management.
- Able to work independently and with good judgment.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments to meet deadlines.
- Strong typing and proofreading skills.
What We Give to You
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K with employer match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Paid vacation and paid sick/personal time
- 12 paid calendar holidays
- Paid volunteer time off
- Summer hours that offer more time for fun in the sun
- Company paid life insurance
- Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Tuition assistance for qualified team members
- Commuter benefits (New York)
- Amazing and engaging culture
- Employee Resource Groups
BROADCAST MUSIC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: All applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without regard of race, color, sex, religion, nationality, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran’s or marital status, disability, or any other cultural factor.