Join BMG’s Digital Sales team!
We are looking for a YouTube Channel & Account Manager to join our growing Digital department in London.
You will be responsible for…
- Working with and across internal teams, artists/managements and other content specialists for catalogue recordings repertoire
- You will specifically ensure the best YouTube set up for the artists we work with, managing all aspects of channel management including: ideation, content programming, posting, community, metadata optimization and audience management as well as monetization, together with our YouTube CMS team
- Active pitching and managing the relationship with the YouTube Music Catalogue teams
- Work closely with Catalogue Digital Marketing team to maximize opportunities & social strategies to grow playlist engagement
- Regular reporting of insights & trends to internal teams and artist managements
- Provide health checks and identify new ways to market & grow global catalog priorities
- Responsible for managing the creation of marketing assets (banners, info/end cards etc.) with creative team
- You will be part of the global YouTube team working on best practices and group projects
- This role will provide a unique opportunity to experiment with your own creative ideas about how to drive consumer behavior in the digital space
- Digital native with a commercial and analytical mind: passionate YouTube and/or digital platform expert with detailed knowledge about YouTube (e.g. content strategy, channel management, analytics, etc.)
- Ability to multi-task, ensure meticulous attention to detail, manage multiple priorities and work well under pressure within demanding timeframes
- 2-5 years of relevant experience
- A general understanding of the role of metadata, platform algorithms and the effect on content discovery/monetization
- Strong communicator who is confident to build collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Deep knowledge of building audiences in a digital environment
- Love for music (especially catalogue!) and a general understanding of subcultures
- Ability and appetite to consistently learn and adopt
It’s a plus if you also have content creation and video editing skills.
Now, what’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Artist showcases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Give As You Earn Scheme
- Flexible working environment
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment (Currently virtual!)
What you should know about us.
Founded in 2008, BMG is already the world’s fourth biggest music publisher and the first new global player in the recordings business in decades. BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients.
BMG’s 19 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over 3m songs and recordings, and thousands of artists and songwriters attracted by its fresh approach which now includes production music, film and books as well as music publishing and recordings.
BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with.