We are looking for a Vice President (f/m/d) to lead BMG‘s Supply Chain Operations Continental Europe Team. You are a thorough and a highly flexible, unreserved team player and a communicator, keen to be part of the world’s fastest-growing music company, BMG. You understand the music industry as a whole and are also able to dive into details as and when required.
- Management of the Continental Europe data and production team
- Ensure the on-time delivery of all digital, video and physical new releases to distribution
- Develop and grow the team and it’s capabilities to support the rapid growth of BMG
- Work with various repertoire owners on upcoming release plans, timelines and delivery schedules
- Ability to manage the demanding needs of the repertoire owner with the required leadtimes to ensure a successful release
- Whilst managing product standards and leadtimes to balance the needs of the repertoire owner with the needs of production, manufacturing and distribution
- Responsible for the supply chain related costs and invoices
- Management of the release schedule, ensuring the team are delivering on required tasks and meeting milestones
- Oversight of physical manufacturing, relationship management, leadtimes with suppliers with the ability to negotiate
- Contribute to the development of the global supply chain function and lead global projects as necessary
- You have successfully completed your studies and already have significant experience in production or supply chain in the music industry, preferably at a record label.
- You have experience in managing and developing employees to enable them to meet their full potential.
- You have experience in growing teams and processes to support business growth.
- You have a very deep understanding of all relevant digital platforms.
- Your knowledge of print and packaging design is excellent.
- You have strong organizational, administrative and analytical skills.
- In addition, you have excellent communication and interpersonal skills – across all hierarchical levels.
- Fluency in English and German complete your profile.
Now let’s see what’s in it for you
- An opportunity to lead a dedicated and passionate team of Supply Chain professionals
- The unique BMG culture, empowering and driven by strong values
- A 21st century working environment, collaborative and flexible
- Benefits like a bright and newly renovated office in the heart of Berlin, a BVG jobticket, a Headspace membership, home office regulations and many more
- A commitment to help team members develop long-term careers at BMG with in-house training and the renowned Bertelsmann University
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for working for artists and songwriters
What you should know about us
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one. Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history. BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann.
Come as you are
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.