Come As You Are.
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
*BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.
Vice President, Supply Chain Operations Americas & Australia
Your Mission at BMG.
We are looking for a Vice President to lead BMG’s Supply Chain Operations for Americas and Australia! The right candidate will be a highly motivated and forward-thinking leader with a proven track record of overseeing Production & Supply Chain teams within the music industry. This role could be based in any of the US offices in Los Angeles, Nashville or New York.
What You’ll Be Doing.
- Management of Americas and Australia supply chain, production, metadata, and physical sales teams
- Developing and growing the team and their capabilities to support BMG’s rapid growth
- Developing and implementing workflows and procedures to support BMG’s rapid growth
- Implementation and management of processes and workflows within the supply chain group to ensure efficient project tracking
- Managing the overall new release process for the Americas and Australia
- Working with various repertoire owners on upcoming release plans, timelines, and delivery schedules to manage their demanding needs and ensure successful releases
- Managing the milestone due dates associated to digital and physical product set up and distribution to market
- Ensuring the on-time delivery of all digital, video, and physical new releases to distribution
- Managing product standards and lead times to balance the needs of the repertoire owner with the needs of production, manufacturing, and distribution
- Overseeing supply chain costs and invoices
- Managing the release schedule, ensuring the team are delivering on required tasks and meeting key milestones
- Overseeing physical manufacturing, relationship management, and lead times with suppliers
- Managing key vendor relationships
- Managing inventory optimization
- Contributing to the development of the global supply chain function, leading global projects as necessary
- KPI implementation and tracking across all functional areas of the Supply Chain
- Significant experience in production or supply chain in the music industry, preferably at a record label
- Previous experience in managing and developing employees to enable them to meet their full potential
- Proven track record of growing teams and processes to support business growth
- Deep understanding of all relevant digital platforms
- Excellent knowledge of print and packaging design
- Strong organizational, administrative, and analytical skills
- Confident communication and interpersonal skills – across all hierarchical levels
What’s In It For You.
- Robust medical/dental/vision packages
- Flexible time off
- $500 fitness reimbursement
- Diverse possibilities of personal and professional development including trainings and access to Lynda.com
- Dollar for dollar match of up to 6% into 401(k) after your first year with the company
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for music
BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our clients receive all payments promptly and accurately. We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or a record label – although we offer both services. BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.