As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
*BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.
We are seeking a talented and driven individual to join our team as a VP, Publicity. In this role, you will be responsible for building, managing, and cultivating relationships and audiences on behalf of our labels and artists. Your primary focus will be to communicate stories and creative endeavors in meaningful and effective ways across various press platforms, utilizing your exceptional communication, relationship-building, and leadership skills.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Craft compelling narratives for artist project releases, effectively communicating their stories.
- Pitch top-tier media placements to secure prominent coverage for all artists.
- Secure national TV opportunities to maximize artist exposure.
- Escort artists to various opportunities, including interviews, award shows, concerts, and media engagements.
- Manage PR financial budgets efficiently.
- Lead partner meetings with industry stakeholders such as Opry and CMT.
- Proactively and reactively respond to internal and external requests.
- Write all artist-related materials, including bios, press releases, and talk points and more.
- Manage two direct reports: Director and Manager-level employees.
- Lead and strategize publicity campaigns for artist releases.
- Previous experience working within a record label or artist management company.
- Strategic thinking and expertise in developing publicity direction and campaigns for artist releases.
- Previous experience managing and supervising a team, including Director and Manager-level employees.
- Demonstrated ability to manage PR financial budgets effectively.
- Excellent storytelling and narrative crafting skills.
- Strong pitching abilities for securing top-tier media placements.
- Skilled in handling both proactive and reactive requests from internal and external stakeholders.
What’s In It For You?
- Enjoy flexibility with our hybrid setup: 3 days in office, 2 days remote.
- Experience peace of mind knowing that our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage has got you covered.
- Maximize your savings with our dollar-for-dollar 401(k) match of up to 6% after your first year.
- Say goodbye to accruing vacation days or hitting a cap; take time off when you need it with our flexible time off policy!
- Save money and time with our commuter benefits program.
- Stay healthy and earn financial rewards with our fitness reimbursement program and wellness incentives.
- Find your inner peace and boost your mental wellbeing with a complimentary subscription to the popular meditation app, Headspace.
- Access well-being support 24/7 through our Employee Assistance Program.
- Kick off your weekends early with Summer Fridays.
- Unlock your potential with development opportunities, including mentorship programs and LinkedIn Learning.
- Be inspired by our talented artists at our showcases and playbacks.
Are you interested? Follow the link to apply!
We are an E-Verify employer. For more information, please click on the following links.
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one. Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history.
BMG’s fresh approach includes production music, films, books, artist management, merchandise, neighboring rights, and live as well as music publishing and recordings off the same service platform. BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with. www.bmg.com
Company: BMG Rights Management (US) LLC
Country: United States of America
Postal Code: 37203
Job ID: 261292