We are looking for a VP (f/m/d) to lead our Global Revenue Assurance team and join our Berlin office.
As a global leader in rights and royalties management, we want to continue to build out our revenue assurance capabilities, making use of latest cloud technologies, data engineering teams, and increasing amount of data, as well as our global unified disciplined approach towards tracking and capturing any gaps in collections.
This role functions as the global liaison for revenue assurance activities and alignment with collecting societies and partners worldwide in support of local revenue assurance heads. As a functional lead, regional revenue assurance heads will report into this role.
- Analyze all income streams globally to ensure that we collect hundred percent of the income that is due to be collected on behalf of our artists, writers and publishers
- Offer guidance and advisory for global revenue assurance teams for optimal alignment of assurance priorities, analytical methods, data and processes used
- Represent global revenue assurance teams and present analysis and revenue assurance results to group board
- Attend global client meetings for revenue assurance representation and reporting
- Drive automation through extensive use of artificial intelligence / advanced analytical methods to continue to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of global revenue assurance efforts
- Actively facilitate and build education and training curriculums for skill set enhancements and onboarding new talents
- Serve as central business owner for data engineering teams
- Continuously optimize and streamline revenue assurance processes
- Together with local and regional revenue assurance teams, scout for new data that can be used for identifying variances in collections and establish best in class client-account auditing procedures and tools
- You have a Masters degree of business, computer science or mathematics.
- You are comfortable in managing and analyzing large sets of data.
- You have excellent SQL, Python and R skills. Experience in Google Big Query and/or Google locker is a plus.
- You are able to pivot between global big-picture view, functional team guidance and leadership, and (data) problem solving.
- You have experience in leading, inspiring and developing a team and are able to delegate and work hands-on at the same time.
- In addition, you have knowledge of international music publishing and recorded business, particularly, but not limited to interactive streaming and digital platforms.
- Excellent English skills (verbal and written) complete your profile.
Now let’s see what’s in it for you
- An opportunity to lead an international income tracking team
- The unique BMG culture, empowering and driven by strong values
- A 21st century working environment, collaborative and flexible
- Benefits like a bright and newly renovated office in the heart of Berlin, a BVG jobticket, a Headspace membership, home office regulations and many more
- A commitment to help team members develop long-term careers at BMG with in-house training and the renowned Bertelsmann University
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for working for artists and songwriters
What you should know about us
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one. Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history. BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann.
Come as you are
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.