We are looking for a VP (f/m/d) to lead our Digital Business Development team and join our Berlin office.
You are a fast learner and a adaptable team leader, keen to be part of the world’s fastest growing music company and eager to grow into a constantly changing environment.
Your Mission at BMG
Within this role you will be responsible for delivering our global digital licensing strategy and leading business development initiatives across our recorded and publishing licensing partners, with an expertise focus on publishing.
You will be the global point of contact for internal and external business development matters.
- Lead, manage and develop the digital business development team and infrastructure at BMG across our publishing and recorded business will be your main duty.
- Review and improve our global digital publishing licensing strategy and infrastructure.
- Support and consult the commercial licensing team during the negotiation process of music publishing rights.
- Direct all activities to identify, assess, initiate and measure business development, licensing and strategic partnership opportunities with new and existing digital licensing partners.
- Monitor the success and impact of business development initiatives and account performance.
- Develop KPI’s with our Insights and Analytics team and report initiative and account performance to the senior digital and commercial licensing management.
- Drive digital platform strategy and expertise, unlock best in class digital exploitation and guide our global digital teams from a strategic and expertise perspective.
- Foster and co-ordinate business development initiatives with key stakeholders across departments, e.g. supply chain, finance, royalties, data, repertoire, marketing and digital management teams.
- Support the commercial licensing team during the negotiation process and represent all internal department requirements.
- Manage and develop the commercial relationship with licensing partners across our publishing and recorded business, as well as identify areas for optimization with them.
- Maximise opportunities from Bertelsmann relationships with platforms like Meta or Bytedance.
- You have successfully completed a professional degree in business, marketing, music, creative industries, tech or similar field.
- You have gained profound experience working in a similar position across: business development, commercial music licensing (with focus in publishing), social media or gaming platforms.
- Social media business models, AR/VR, gaming and ad-supported media are no strangers to you.
- You deeply understand the complexity and scope of the digital recorded and publishing music business, especially for UGC platforms and non-traditional DSP’s.
- Your focus on driving business is daring and analytical – you can see the bigger picture right from the start and also pay attention to the very important details.
- You have experience in leading and developing teams as well as partner relationships.
- You are an excellent written and verbal communicator, with outstanding interpersonal and networking skills.
- An advanced MS Office level is required.
- English fluency is essential, German skills are a plus.
Now let’s see what’s in it for you
- The unique BMG culture, empowering and driven by strong values.
- A 21st century working environment, collaborative and flexible.
- Benefits like an office in the heart of Berlin, a BVG jobticket, a Headspace membership, Work from Home regulations and many more.
- A commitment to help team members develop long-term careers at BMG with in-house training and the renowned
- Bertelsmann University.
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for working for artists and songwriters.
What you should know about us
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one.
Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients.
BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history. BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann.
Come as you are
As the great Kurt Cobain once said, *“Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms.
Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Are you interested? Then send us your application and all the convincing arguments why you are the right person to get this job.
(BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.)