BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age.
That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our clients receive all payments promptly and accurately.
We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or a record label – although we offer both services.
BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
YOUR MISSION AT BMG
The Vice President, Business and Legal Affairs will be based in Los Angeles, California and will report to the Senior Vice President & General Counsel, Business and Legal Affairs, North America.
If offered the position, you will be responsible for negotiating and drafting a variety of agreements relating to the acquisition and exploitation of master recordings with a focus on recording agreements, distribution deals, soundtrack album agreements, and licenses.
Additionally, you will work directly with label executives and senior management to manage ongoing contractual relationships and handle business and legal affairs matters for catalogs of recording artists.
You will also advise on rights issues and ensure compliance with contractual and legal obligations.
You are a self-starter with outstanding communication skills. You are able to manage a high volume of work with absolute precision.
You are able to work independently with little oversight and you have strong interpersonal skills.
- J.D. from accredited law school, plus State Bar admission (California and/or New York State Bars)
- At least five (5) years of experience in the acquisition and exploitation of master recordings
- Exceptional drafting skills
- Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word experience
What’s In It For You
- Robust medical/dental/vision packages
- Two weeks’ vacation in year one; three weeks’ vacation in year two
- $500 fitness reimbursement
- Diverse possibilities of personal and professional development including trainings and access to Lynda.com
- Dollar for dollar match of up to 6% into 401(k) after your first year with the company
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for music
- Onsite weekly yoga class
Qualified and Interested?
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
We welcome applications from people who will contribute to the diversity of our company.