BMG is a growing international music company that offers a friendly and collaborative working environment with great benefits and a leadership team who values every employee.
Our mission is to be a better kind of music business. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximise the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our artists receive all payments promptly and accurately.
We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or record label – although we offer both services.
BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
We are a division of the Bertelsmann Group which includes Penguin Random House, RTL Group and Arvato.
We are looking for a well organised and commercially astute Sync Licensing Manager to join our award winning Sync team in our Paddington office. Our Sync team are unique at their scale in the industry as they are structured as one single team operating internationally with both publishing and recording rights under one roof. We offer global sync marketing and one stop licensing solutions with a committed service unparalleled in the industry.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing the licensing for a wide range of sync projects, working on behalf of BMG’s artists and songwriters to licence both publishing and recording rights into various media. You will also be expected to generate significant new business opportunities and negotiate deals in a variety of sectors. Other key responsbilities include:
- Negotiating Sync deal terms across various media outlets
- Seeking consent from artist/songwriter approval parties
- Identifying and proposing new commercially viable business opportunities
- Building great relationships in the UK and internationally with artist managers, lawyers, writers and artists as well as sync clients
- Contributing to international exploitation of BMG’s UK repertoire
- Coordinating with international sync teams to ensure that UK repertoire is appropriately exploited
- Previous experience of comprehensive sync licensing
- Ability to work efficiently on a high volume of deals to tight deadlines
- A broad range of contacts within the UK sync market
- Thorough understanding of copyright in publishing and master recordings
- Detailed knowledge of the global sync market
- A proven track record of achievement in negotiation and deal making
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills
- A highly committed team player
- Experience of working with business affairs, copyright, admin, finance and A&R teams
- Ability to build effective and collaborative working relationships, both internally and externally
- 25 days annual leave plus 3 days between Christmas and New Year
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Artist showcases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment