SVP (f/m/d) Global Physical Sales
We are looking for a SVP (f/m/d) to lead our Global Physical Sales team and join our headquarters in Berlin. The right candidate will be a highly motivated and forward-thinking leader with a proven track record of overseeing Global Physical Sales teams within the music industry.
Your Mission at BMG
Within this role you will be one global point of contact to manage BMG Physical Sales Retail Partner Network. Establishing trustful relationships with clients is part of our BMG culture, as you know that a good partnership translates into good business.
- Be the main global point of contact for BMG’s Physical Sales
- Retail Partner network.
- Work closely with our global marketing as well as supply chain teams to ensure physical product, physical orders, and inventory to gain and maximize profitability.
- Oversight of price campaigns for global products.
- Management of regional physical sales leads.
- Identify new opportunities for global and local physical distribution & retail channels.
- Management of other physical business development related physical sales & retail channels topics (e.g., D2C).
- Monitor and communicate all significant changes and opportunities for key customers.
- Secure and negotiate best possible setup with retail partners.
- You have gained significant experience working in the music business, ideally directly with physical retail accounts.
- You are an excellent communicator, who can work and negotiate at a global level and also reach to different characters across all hierarchical levels.
- You are a service and business driven leader, with an ability to share a global view with different teams.
- You have a wide repertoire knowledge and a deeply understanding of the artist’s needs.
- You can flexibly adapt to a complex fast-growing market such as physical retail landscape.
- You bring proven track record of leading and growing teams and processes to support business growth.
- Having international travel experiences is desirable.
- English fluency is essential, German skills are a plus.
Now let’s see what’s in it for you
- The unique BMG culture, empowering and driven by strong values.
- A 21st century working environment, collaborative and flexible.
Benefits like an office in the heart of Berlin, a BVG job ticket, a
- Headspace membership, Work from Home regulations and many more.
- A commitment to help team members develop long-term careers at BMG with in-house training and the renowned
- Bertelsmann University .
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for working for artists and songwriters.
What you should know about us
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one.
Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients.
BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogues in popular music history. BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann.
Come as you are
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, *“Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms.
Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Are you interested? Then send us your application and all the convincing arguments why you are the right person to get this job.
*(BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.)