Come As You Are.
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
*BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.
Sr. Manager, Royalty Audit
Your Mission at BMG.
Every day, BMG collects vast amounts of sales and usage data from all over the world. It is checked, then double-checked so our clients are paid fully, accurately and on time.
Occasionally, BMG’s songwriter and recording artist clients contract with 3rd party auditors to review BMG’s royalty accountings. As Sr. Manager, Royalty Audit, you’ll act as BMG’s representative to those auditors. First and foremost, your day-to-day workings will accede to BMG’s directive of fairness and transparency to its clients.
Are you driven and ready to grow a career in the music business?
Are you interested in professional development and technological training on the job?
Would you like to be part of a talented team of music professionals from around the world delivering the best to their clients?
BMG’s Incoming Tracking & Audit team has a 360°view of the music business and works closely with a wide remit of departments and foreign affiliate offices. The successful candidate will gain invaluable exposure into the workings of a global music business.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is eager to learn; if you are an organized, self-motivated music lover who enjoys detective work and deep-diving into data then this could be the dream job for you!
- You are ready to deep-dive and learn multiple aspects of BMG’s royalty accounting business – legal, copyright, royalties, income tracking, synchronization, licensing, etc.
- You have exceptional communication skills (verbal and written) and high level of music business acumen.
- You are a self-starter.
- You thrive working autonomously.
- You are able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, usually each project in a different audit stage.
- You have exceptional attention to detail and the ability to track and follow through on multiple concurrent projects to completion.
What You’ll Be Doing.
- Be involved in every step of the royalty audit process for both songwriter and recording artist clients.
- Instigate preliminary internal research on the auditing client and note any relevant information.
- Establish clear communication with the auditors and share information as directed by BMG’s Inbound Audit best practices.
- Compile reports and source documents at the request of the auditors.
- Work closely with internal departments and foreign affiliates as needed to address audit inquires.
- Review audit reports carefully and deduce the accuracy of the claims.
- Draft responses to audit reports, using mathematical arguments and logic to rebut claims.
- Log and update audit statuses at least once a week in BMG’s project tracking tool.
- Finalize audit protocols at the conclusion of an audit.
- Basic understanding of royalty accounting (Counterpoint experience is a plus).
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
It’s a plus if you have a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field and SQL experience/ knowledge. It’s even better if you have a background in music publishing and/or artist royalty accounting.
BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our clients receive all payments promptly and accurately. We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or a record label – although we offer both services. BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
What’s In It For You.
- Robust medical/dental/vision packages
- Flexible time off
- $500 fitness reimbursement
- Diverse possibilities of personal and professional development including trainings and access to Lynda.com
- Dollar for dollar match of up to 6% into 401(k) after your first year with the company
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for music
Are you interested? Follow the link to apply!
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one. Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history.
BMG’s fresh approach includes production music, films, books, artist management, merchandise, neighboring rights, and live as well as music publishing and recordings off the same service platform. BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with www.bmg.com