Come As You Are
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
*BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.
Sr Manager, Royalty Analysis
Every day, BMG collects various income streams with vast amounts of sales and usage data from all over the world. It is checked, then double-checked to ensure we collect all that is due to our clients and BMG.
When ensuring BMG was paid correctly we frequently conduct royalty audits at our income sources (Labels, Publishers, Distributors, Licensees etc.). As Senior Manager, Royalty Analysis, you will analyze royalty statement data and conduct deep-dive reviews of BMG’s various publishing and recording catalogues.
Are you driven and ready to grow a career in the music business? Are you interested in professional development and technological training on the job? Would you like to be part of a talented team of music professionals from around the world delivering the best to their clients?
BMG’s Incoming Tracking & Audit team has a 360°view of the music business and works closely with a wide remit of departments and foreign affiliate offices. The successful candidate will gain invaluable exposure into the workings of a global music business.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is eager to learn; if you are an organized, self-motivated music lover who enjoys detective work and deep-diving into data then this could be the dream job for you!
- You are ready to deep-dive and learn about BMG’s various income sources and their accounting practices.
- You have exceptional communication skills (verbal and written) and high level of music business acumen.
- You are a self-starter.
- You thrive working autonomously and are a team player.
- You are able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
- You have a strong analytical mindset
- You have exceptional attention to detail and the drive to follow through on a project to completion.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Support to identify audit targets and analyze audit profitability
Initiate deep-dive reviews of royalty accountings for specific BMG catalogues
- Thoroughly analyze data from various royalty sources to ensure accountings are in line with contractual provisions.
- Compare royalty data against 3rd party activity data (e.g. MusicConnect)
- Work with BMG’s LBA team to compile appropriate contracts and agreements
- Understand and isolate details in the agreements to target royalty analysis
- Upon final data review, identify areas that may warrant BMG to consider launching an audit
- Set-up and update internal reporting around royalty analysis for each catalog
- Work closely with internal departments and foreign affiliates
- Proficient understanding of royalty accounting und contractual accounting terms
- Very strong analytical thinking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, ideally first experience with SQL.
It’s a plus if you already have experience in the royalty audit field.
What’s In It For You?
- Robust medical/dental/vision packages
- Hybrid working environment (3 days in office, 2 days from home)
Flexible time off
- $500 fitness reimbursement
- Diverse possibilities of personal and professional development including trainings and access to Lynda.com
- Dollar for dollar match of up to 6% into 401(k) after your first year with the company
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for music
Are you interested? Follow the link to apply!
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one. Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history.
BMG’s fresh approach includes production music, films, books, artist management, merchandise, neighboring rights, and live as well as music publishing and recordings off the same service platform.
BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with. www.bmg.com
Country: United States of America
Postal Code: 37203