Come As You Are.
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
*BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.
Sr. Manager, Royalty Analysis
As Senior Manager, you’ll analyze royalty statements, conduct investigations, and work with a talented team of music professionals. You will also gain invaluable exposure in the workings of a global music business and enjoy a career where your passion for music, organizational skills, data immersion and detective work thrive. Ready to grow in the music industry? Apply now!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Initiate deep-dive reviews of royalty accountings for specific BMG acquisitions.
- Thoroughly analyze royalty data from various sources to ensure accountings are in line with contractual provisions of underlying legal agreements.
- Data analysis will include but not be limited to investigating by income type, territories, underlying sources, top earning albums/songs and comparing sales data against 3rd party activity data (e.g. Luminate).
- After exhaustive data review, identify areas that may warrant BMG to consider launching an outbound audit of royalty sources.
- Draft a final desktop audit report for internal review with Director of Royalty Audit.
- Utilize BMG’s internal reporting software to track workflow statuses.
- You have exceptional communication skills (verbal and written) and high level of music business acumen.
- Proficient understanding of royalty accounting and contractual accounting terms
- You have keen attention to detail and the drive to follow through on a project to completion.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, ideally first experience with SQL.
- You have a strong analytical mindset.
- You thrive working autonomously but you are also a team player.
It’s a plus if you already have experience in the royalty audit field, especially recorded royalties
What’s In It For You?
- Enjoy flexibility with our hybrid setup: 3 days in office, 2 days remote.
- Experience peace of mind knowing that our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage has got you covered.
- Maximize your savings with our dollar-for-dollar 401(k) match of up to 6% after your first year.
- Say goodbye to accruing vacation days or hitting a cap; take time off when you need it with our flexible time off policy!
- Save money and time with our commuter benefits program.
- Stay healthy and earn financial rewards with our fitness reimbursement program and wellness incentives.
- Find your inner peace and boost your mental wellbeing with a complimentary subscription to the popular meditation app, Headspace.
- Access well-being support 24/7 through our Employee Assistance Program.
- Kick off your weekends early with Summer Fridays.
- Unlock your potential with development opportunities, including mentorship programs and LinkedIn Learning.
- Be inspired by our talented artists at our showcases and playbacks.
Are you interested? Follow the link to apply!
We are an E-Verify employer. For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one. Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history.
BMG’s fresh approach includes production music, films, books, artist management, merchandise, neighboring rights, and live as well as music publishing and recordings off the same service platform. BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with. www.bmg.com
Company: BMG Rights Management (US) LLC
Country: United States of America
Postal Code: 37203
Job ID: 260421