Position: Sr.Manager, Mechanical Licensing
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Come As You Are
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Sr. Manager, Mechanical Licensing
Your primary mission as Manager, Mechanical Licensing is to secure licenses for U.S. and Canadian physical and digital releases containing songs within BMG’s recorded repertoire. You will establish and foster relationships with major and independent record labels, publishers, and agencies.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Spearhead special projects that arise and drive to completion.
- Business operations review with focus on enhancement across departmental processes.
- Confirm publishing splits/label copy with publishers and/or writers prior to release of product containing BMG compositions.
- Partner with Creative Admin to confirm splits for newly written compositions and track licensed releases.
- Draft mechanical licenses and follow up with publishers to ensure execution.
- Review artist agreements to ensure proper rate application.
- Ad-hoc projects and reporting
- You have a deep understanding of mechnical licensing and royalties.
- Significant experience working in mechanical licensing and or similarly related role.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Plus, not a must:
- Experience using MDX, familiarity with DDEX standards (MWN/MWL/ERN), Bachelor’s degree in music business or related field
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Music Business or related field is preferred.
- It’s a plus if you have experience using MDX, and familiarity with DDEX standards (MWN/MWL/ERN)
What’s In It For You
- Robust medical/dental/vision packages
- Hybrid working environment (2 days working from home per week)
- Flexible time off
- $500 fitness reimbursement
- Diverse possibilities of personal and professional development including trainings and access to Lynda.com
- Dollar for dollar match of up to 6% into 401(k) after your first year with the company
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for music
BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our clients receive all payments promptly and accurately. We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology.
We are not just a music publisher or a record label – although we offer both services. BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
Are you interested? Follow the link to apply!
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one. Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history.
BMG’s fresh approach includes production music, films, books, artist management, merchandise, neighboring rights, and live as well as music publishing and recordings off the same service platform. BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with. www.bmg.com
Company: BMG Rights Management
*BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.