As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
*BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.
Senior Manager, Digital Advertising
Your Mission at BMG.
BMG’s digital team is always growing, evolving and innovating across digital marketing, streaming, insights & analytics and business development. Aligned globally but based within all areas of the company, BMG digital offers a different dynamic for team members, inviting them to help shape an international system and share innovation and skills.
Most importantly, BMG Digital fundamentally believes in BMG’s core values of fairness, transparency, and service for artists, delivered worldwide.
Our mission is to be the best digital partner for artists, providing service, innovation, education and creativity throughout the business.
In this role, you’ll be a hub function for digital advertising in the US, working on projects from both new and catalogue recordings and contributing to special projects across BMG’s new business interests. You’ll be planning and executing digital advertising and managing BMG’s advertising accounts and relationships, working with the digital marketing teams. A forward thinking and strategic approach to advertising is crucial, as well as strong organizational and technical skills.
- You have an interest in digital marketing and innocation.
- You are comfortable working in a team and are a self-starter.
- Your time management skills allow you to meet deadlines easily.
- You have exceptional attention to detail and the ability to track and follow through on multiple concurrent projects to completion.
What You’ll Be Doing.
- Run digital advertising campaigns across Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Google Display, Google Search, TikTok, Snapchat and more
- Manage business managers and campaigns directly and keep an organized system and structure of work, with responsibility for how those accounts are maintained
- Work with the digital marketing teams to find the correct digital advertising solutions
- Provide flexible and artist friendly solutions for advertising in line with BMG’s core values of fairness, transparency and service
- Work on campaigns for Frontline (New York, Los Angeles, Nashville, Rise Records, RBC, etc.) and Catalogue recordings
- Manage advertising relationships with partners like Facebook, Google and TikTok, keeping up to date with changes and updates
- Deal effectively as an advertising “hub” for digital marketing teams and set up an easy to use request process for teams
- Provide education and innovation throughout the digital business in the field of digital advertising
- Cooperate with system and structures from accounting and finance to ensure clarity
- Provide reporting on all digital advertising campaigns, both during and after the campaigns
- Provide optimization feedback to stakeholders throughout a campaign
- Create and manage an effective and scalable reporting system and provide holistic company-wide reporting and measure broad benchmarking and KPIs
- Work on best practices for a digital advertising system, including cookieless solutions, data capture, tools and innovation
- Find ways to track, corroborate and correlate advertising data with conversion, streaming and sales data
- Keep BMG’s digital advertising in-line or ahead of competitors in the space
- Hands-on campaign and digital media planning experience in the media and entertainment sector.
- A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Facebook Business Manager, Google Ads and other advertising platforms, with the ability to learn new platforms quickly.
- A desire to innovate in digital advertising and keep up to date with trends and changes
- Fluent English speaker
- Extremely organized and structured worker
BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our clients receive all payments promptly and accurately. We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or a record label – although we offer both services. BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
What’s In It For You.
- Robust medical/dental/vision packages
- Flexible time off
- $500 fitness reimbursement
- Diverse possibilities of personal and professional development including trainings and access to Lynda.com
- Dollar for dollar match of up to 6% into 401(k) after your first year with the company
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for music
Are you interested? Follow the link to apply!
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one. Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history.
BMG’s fresh approach includes production music, films, books, artist management, merchandise, neighboring rights, and live as well as music publishing and recordings off the same service platform. BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with. www.bmg.com