BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age.
That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each copyright, ensuring all our clients receive all payments promptly and accurately. We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or a record label – although we offer both services. BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to be the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
Your Mission at BMG
Your primary mission is managing the product set up of all physical and digital products we are releasing to market for our recorded music repertoire. Dealing with artists, management and marketing, and collating all audio, audio visual and creative assets required for digital distribution and physical manufacturing of all product across BMG US labels.
- You have experience in Recorded Music, digital distribution and supply chain
- You have knowledge of a variety of music genres and digital audio file formats
- You are experienced in leading a team and are a self-starter
- Your time management skills allow you to meet deadlines easily and define your team’s priorities
- You have exceptional attention to detail and the ability to track and follow through on multiple concurrent projects to completion
What You’ll Be Doing
- Management of initial new release setup & delivery to partners for all BMG repertoire
- Oversight of the on-time delivery of all digital, video and physical new releases and catalogue to distribution
- Maintain relationship on the supply chain side for the US with distribution
- Maintain delivery deadlines to ensure all content meets the requested street date
- Oversight of all catalog transfers – digital and physical
- Managing physical production timelines with Product Managers, Vendors, and External Partners
- Oversight of physical manufacturing, timelines, relationship management with vendors and negotiating costs
- Point person in the US for ex. North America territories and international supply chain to facilitate the import/export of all physical product for incoming and outgoing repertoire
- Act as a source of guidance for labels/vendors on all BMG production procedures and best practices, including packing guidelines, solicitation deadlines, services, and tools.
- Work closely with various label groups on upcoming release plans, timelines and delivery
- Provide support on issues requiring escalation and communicate effectively with internal and external executive teams
- Management of the US production team and the allocation of tasks/projects
- Management of the release schedule, ensuring the team are delivering on required tasks and meeting milestones
- Responsible for the supply chain related costs and invoices
- 5-10 years of experience in Production or Supply Chain in the Music Industry, preferably at a Record Label
- A deep understanding of all digital platforms
- Knowledge of Print and Packaging design
- Strong organizational, administrative and analytical skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
What’s In It For You
- Robust medical/dental/vision packages
- Two weeks’ vacation in year one; three weeks’ vacation in year two
- $500 fitness reimbursement
- Diverse possibilities of personal and professional development including trainings and access to Lynda.com
- Dollar for dollar match of up to 6% into 401(k) after your first year with the company
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for music
Here at BMG we are committed to equal employment opportunity and so all applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
BMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
BMG is the new model music company founded by Bertelsmann in 2008 as a direct response to the challenges of music’s digital revolution. Key to its innovative approach is the fact it represents the traditionally separate music publishing and recording rights off the same state-of-the-art platform internationally. BMG is already the world’s fourth biggest music publisher and the first new global player in the recordings business in decades. BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 14 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over 2,5m songs and recordings, including the catalogues of Chrysalis, Bug, Virgin, Mute, Sanctuary, Primary Wave and Talpa Music, as well as literally thousands of artists and songwriters attracted by its fresh approach. BMG is owned by international media company Bertelsmann, which also includes the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House, the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr, the service provider Arvato, the Bertelsmann Printing Group, the Bertelsmann Education Group, and Bertelsmann Investments, an international network of funds. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with.
International offices are located in Berlin (HQ), Los Angeles, New York City, Nashville, Paris, Hilversum, London, Madrid, Milan, Stockholm, Sydney, Beijing, Sao Paulo