Come As You Are.
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.*BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.
Sr. Director, Income Tracking Analytics
Your Mission at BMG.
Every day, BMG collects various income streams with vast amounts of sales and usage data from all over the world. It is checked, then double-checked to ensure we collect all that is due to our clients and BMG. This is the job of the Income Tracking team. As Sen Director, Income Tracking Analytics you will spearhead the analytical efforts of the tracking team, empowering the whole team to efficiently detect income gaps.
Look no further if…
- You are driven and ready to grow a data analytics career in the music business.
- You are interested in professional development and technological training on the job.
- You would like to be part of a talented team of music professionals from around the world delivering the best to their clients?
BMG’s Incoming Tracking team has a 360°view of the music business and works closely with a wide remit of departments and foreign affiliate offices. The successful candidate will gain invaluable exposure into the workings of a global music business and will be part of BMG’s thriving data analytics community.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is eager to learn; if you are an organized, self-motivated music lover who enjoys finding solutions to any data challenge then this could be the dream job for you!
- You are ready to deep-dive and learn multiple aspects of BMG’s data ecosystem
- You are keen to actively shape the department’s tools and future
- You have exceptional communication skills (verbal and written)
- You are a self-starter.
- You are highly pro-active and thrive working autonomously.
- You are able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- You have exceptional attention to detail and the drive to find a solution to a challenge.
What You’ll Be Doing.
- Find technical, automated solutions to complex analytical challenges
- Pro-actively shape the direction and focus of the department
- Build Dashboards to tell the story behind data and its trends
- Create analytical tools that map and compare various data sets, e.g. for variance analysis
- Train the income tracking team on data queries and analysis tools
- Become sufficient with various data sets, from publishing to recording, royalty statement data to external market data.
- Project catalogue earnings based on market data
- Establish relationships with 3rd party sources (Labels, CMOs, Publisher)
- Work closely with other departments (IT, Royalty, Investments, Finance) and foreign affiliates to address analytical challenges.
- Confident data analyst or data scientist skill set
- Strong analytical mindset with talent to tell the story behind the data
- Advanced proficiency with SQL and Microsoft Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- First experiences with BI software (e.g. Tableau, Looker, MS Power BI)
A plus, not a must: Knowledge around Python and API requests. Experience in the music industry or similar, royalty-based industry. Ideally you have first experiences in managing other team members.
BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our clients receive all payments promptly and accurately. We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or a record label – although we offer both services. BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
What’s In It For You.
- Robust medical/dental/vision packages
- Flexible time off
- $500 fitness reimbursement
- Diverse possibilities of personal and professional development including trainings and access to Lynda.com
- Dollar for dollar match of up to 6% into 401(k) after your first year with the company
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for music
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one. Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history.
BMG’s fresh approach includes production music, films, books, artist management, merchandise, neighboring rights, and live as well as music publishing and recordings off the same service platform. BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with. www.bmg.com