BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our clients receive all payments promptly and accurately. We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or a record label – although we offer both services. BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
Your Mission at BMG
Your primary mission is to be the digital marketing lead for BMG’s three US offices (Los Angeles, New York, Nashville), managing the teams and system for all BMG’s connection points to social media, digital advertising, consumer data collection and online activations. You will work as part of the global digital team to build strategies, synergies and partnerships that impact and benefit all facets of our US digital marketing system across new recordings, catalogue recordings, publishing and our other business interests.
You’ll need strong people management skills, technical understanding and relationships within the key platforms and players in the medium. You’ll be part of a global digital team that aligns closely with colleagues in digital sales, streaming and YouTube both locally and internationally.
- You have senior experience in digital marketing and team management, preferably in the music industry
- You have experience managing social media campaigns and booking online advertising, ideally with detailed knowledge of digital advertising opportunities, Facebook Business Manager and Google Ads
- You operate strategically on a business level
- You are a confident and creative thinker able to easily manage projects with tier one artists and artist management companies
- You have great connections and relationships with Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Google and other key partners and are able to grow and maintain those relationships for BMG
- Strong presentation skills
- You are cutting edge and stay up to date with the latest trends and tech and constantly think about ways to apply them to the business
- You are practical, organized and capable of managing a number of different teams in different locations and keep tabs on a number of different projects
- You are comfortable working in a team and are a self-starter.
- Your time management skills allow you to meet deadlines easily.
- You have exceptional attention to detail and the ability to track and follow through on multiple concurrent projects to completion.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Managing and developing the digital marketing infrastructure for BMG US as a whole
- Implementing systems, strategies and synergies for the digital marketing teams across frontline, international incoming and catalogue recordings
- Looking for cost-savings and efficiencies across the US business
- Being the foremost authority on social media, digital advertising and digital activations
- Acting as the senior level digital marketing contact for BMG US operations
- Building and maintaining key relationships for BMG’s platform partners for digital marketing i.e Facebook, TikTok, Google, Twitter, etc
- Looking for priorities and opportunities within the current campaigns
- Finding and developing high-level opportunities that can be applied to campaigns and projects
- Developing new approaches to digital marketing including social media, digital advertising, CRM, etc
- Developing digital marketing synergies between different parts of the business
- Digital strategy on priority projects and campaigns
- Implementing lean management techniques where possible
- Representing the US digital marketing teams internally to teams and externally to clients and partners on a global level
- Presenting best practices and new ideas to the wider team
- Be a proactive and collaborative part of the global digital team
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably but not restricted to the following areas: music/creative/media/communication industries
- Minimum 6 – 8 years of experience in digital marketing, preferably in the music industry.
- Experience managing a team
- Strong and confident presentation skills
- Technical understanding of social media platforms, inc Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Triller, etc.
- Technical understanding of digital advertising, inc skills with Facebook Business Manager, Google Ads, knowledge of retargeting and tracking.
- Technical understanding of regulations around data collection, competitions, etc
- Practical experience with digital music tools inc smart-linking (e.g Linkfire), analytics (e.g Chartmetric, Crowdtangle), charting (Nielson)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Respectful, honest and confident communication skills, happy to work within a team and manage others.
- Passion for, and a knowledge of, the music industry including being well versed in a variety of genres and up to date on music industry status quo.
What’s In It For You
- Robust medical/dental/vision packages
- Flexible Time Off
- $500 fitness reimbursement
- Diverse possibilities of personal and professional development including trainings and access to Lynda.com
- Dollar for dollar match of up to 6% into 401(k) after your first year with the company
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for music
Here at BMG we are committed to equal employment opportunity and so all applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
BMG is the new model music company founded by Bertelsmann in 2008 as a direct response to the challenges of music’s digital revolution. Key to its innovative approach is the fact it represents the traditionally separate music publishing and recording rights off the same state-of-the-art platform internationally. BMG is already the world’s fourth biggest music publisher and the first new global player in the recordings business in decades. BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 14 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over 2,5m songs and recordings, including the catalogues of Chrysalis, Bug, Virgin, Mute, Sanctuary, Primary Wave and Talpa Music, as well as literally thousands of artists and songwriters attracted by its fresh approach. BMG is owned by international media company Bertelsmann, which also includes the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House, the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr, the service provider Arvato, the Bertelsmann Printing Group, the Bertelsmann Education Group, and Bertelsmann Investments, an international network of funds. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with.
International offices are located in Berlin (HQ), Los Angeles, New York City, Nashville, Paris, Hilversum, London, Madrid, Milan, Stockholm, Sydney, Beijing, Sao Paulo