Come As You Are.
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
*BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.
#WeAreBMG & #WeAreHiring!
Sr. Coordinator, Royalty Services
BMG’s Royalty Services team supports our diverse clientele across its various businesses (Publishing, Recorded Music, Production Music, Books, A/V) through inquiry resolution and the professional handling of client information, along with inquiries from internal employees across varying hierarchy levels and global territories.
The Royalty Services Senior Coordinator will manage key Departmental processes that ensure the correct payment of royalties to BMG’s clients in a timely and efficient manner and the accurate reporting of such payments in our royalty statements.
What You’ll Be Doing.
- Field client phone calls received by BMG front desk, and forwarded by departmental management.
- Log issues reported in calls in JIRA, and distinguish between issues that can be resolved by the Senior Coordinator, and those that must be assigned to other Royalty Services staff.
- Resolution of basic to intermediate client inquires including change of address, bank account updates, tax updates, PayMeBMG and myBMG account creations, statement and payment questions, and income tracking.
- Assist Royalty Services Manager with any communication that is transmitted to clients during royalty distributions.
- Facilitate the processing of Letters of Direction through document review and coordination with appropriate Departments within BMG
- Perform tax form-related outreach and reviews for payable clients.
- Set up client accounts based on inquiries and other business channels. Provide tutorials and demos on an ad-hoc basis.
- Review and process account requests submitted through myBMG and PayMeBMG.
- Contribute to Departmental deal reviews through participation in Client Balance Review meetings.
- Other ad-hoc special projects as delegated by department management
- Manage the Off Cycle Payment process which involves file preparation, payment request reviews, A/P compliance checks and file submission for approval each week.
- Perform uploads of the processed off cycle payments to the royalty systems.
- Manage any returned payments through resolution.
- Coordinate with Finance and Bertelsmann Accounting Services (BeAS) to ensure that any open items are considered before reissue payments are requested.
- You have previous experience in a client servicing role
- You have experience using quantitative data for financial analysis purposes.
- You have exceptional attention to detail.
- You are proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
It’s a plus if you have industry experience, experience using Counterpoint, iMaestro, SAP, JIRA and/or experience with Contract Review/Administration.
What’s In It For You?
- Robust medical/dental/vision packages
- Hybrid working environment (3 days in office, 2 days from home)
- Two weeks’ vacation in year one; three weeks’ vacation in year two
- $500 fitness reimbursement
- Diverse possibilities of personal and professional development including trainings and access to Lynda.com
- Dollar for dollar match of up to 6% into 401(k) after your first year with the company
- Part of a fun and collaborative community of people with a passion for music and servicing our artists
Are you interested? Follow the link to apply!
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one. Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients.
BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history.
BMG’s fresh approach includes production music, films, books, artist management, merchandise, neighboring rights, and live as well as music publishing and recordings off the same service platform.
BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with. www.bmg.com
Country: United States of America
Postal Code: 37203