Come As You Are.
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
*BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.
Sr. Coordinator, Recorded Royalties
Your Mission at BMG.
The Royalties Sr. Coordinator will have a diverse set of responsibilities that have the shared requirements of highly refined organizational skills and a meticulous attention to detail.
The role will be the cornerstone between US Finance, which deposits and logs the receipt royalty payments, and Masters Royalties, that processes all income received. At times, he or she will leverage their knowledge of BMG’s data archives and partner/source web portals to provide project‐based support to other BMG US teams.
The Sr. Coordinator will be responsible for the digitization and storage of physical royalty statements (masters and publishing), and will assist with developing a suite of reports for upper management.
What You’ll Be Doing.
- Facilitate the receivables process end to end. Monitor and prepare inbound royalty payments for processing
- Reconcile incoming payments with incoming statements
- Create financial ledger “journals” and be a guide for royalty processing
- Ensure proper revenue recognition; classify incoming payments based on BMG metrics
- Identify ways to improve workflows and make operations more efficient.
- Assist with developing reports and dashboards that provide metrics to upper management
- Reach out to business partners to obtain additional information necessary for processing
- Management of royalty inbox
- Support inter-departmental inquiries and reporting needs
- Alert appropriate stakeholders when large or sensitive payments are received
- Audit support
- Respond to inquiries about status of specific payments
- Royalty Distribution Operations
- Assist in Suspense Clearing
- You have some previous experience working in the music industry.
- You are proficient with Microsoft Excel.
- You have a strong analytical aptitude and are comfortable working with financial data, calculations, and spreadsheets.
- You are highly organized, possess an exceptional attention to detail, and an agility to prioritize effectively.
- You have an interest in Data Analytics, languages like SQL and Python, and enjoy working in Excel.
- While you are a great team player, you are also an independent worker and proactive when it comes to problem-solving.
Plus, not a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- Business, accounting, or finance experience.
BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our clients receive all payments promptly and accurately. We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or a record label – although we offer both services. BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
What’s In It For You.
- Robust medical/dental/vision packages
- Hybrid working environment (3 days in office, 2 from home)
- Two weeks’ vacation in year one; three weeks’ vacation in year two
- $500 fitness reimbursement
- Diverse possibilities of personal and professional development including trainings and access to Lynda.com
- Dollar for dollar match of up to 6% into 401(k) after your first year with the company
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for music
Are you interested? Follow the link to apply!
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one. Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history.
BMG’s fresh approach includes production music, films, books, artist management, merchandise, neighboring rights, and live as well as music publishing and recordings off the same service platform. BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with. www.bmg.com