Come As You Are.
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
*BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.
Sr. Coordinator, Copyright Administration
Your primary mission is the timely and accurate entry of song related metadata information pertinent to all US originating publishing repertoire into various BMG systems. Including but not limited to, song metadata entry and updates, research and validation of missing information, bulk catalog entry and updates, and song metadata clean up exercises. Additional responsibilities will include ad-hoc research for internal and external party requests, testing and reviewing new BMG metadata related software enhancements, as well as quality checks to ensure and validate data accuracy in BMG systems.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Enter and update songs delivered from variety of sources within agreed timeframe
- Research and validate missing information (including contract type and royalty rates)
- Troubleshoot and clean-up registration errors in compliance with electronic works registration standards/protocol
- Prepare and organize large catalog data in Excel
- Work closely with Data Services team to ensure large projects are completed and troubleshoot errors
- Quality control to ensure that entries are registration and royalty-ready
- Review, research, and provide timely responses to rights queries and information requests including label copies, and claim confirmations
- Test software, including new versions of BMG application software and document results
- Perform weekly quality checks of new songs entered into BMG application software to validate accuracy of data
- Coordinate, implement, and oversee small team projects
- Process schedule A’s for high importance deals
- Basic understanding of music publishing and copyright industry practices
- Ability to articulate and explain complex information, adapting presentation and focus to varying audiences
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
It’s a plus if you also have a Bachelor’s degree, ideally within Music Business.
What’s In It For You
- Enjoy flexibility with our hybrid setup: 3 days in office, 2 days remote.
- Experience peace of mind knowing that our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage has got you covered.
- Maximize your savings with our dollar-for-dollar 401(k) match of up to 6% after your first year.
- Save money and time with our commuter benefits program.
- Stay healthy and earn financial rewards with our fitness reimbursement program and wellness incentives.
- Find your inner peace and boost your mental wellbeing with a complimentary subscription to the popular meditation app, Headspace.
- Access well-being support 24/7 through our Employee Assistance Program.
- Kick off your weekends early with Summer Fridays.
- Unlock your potential with development opportunities, including mentorship programs and LinkedIn Learning.
- Be inspired by our talented artists at our showcases and playbacks.
Are you interested? Follow the link to apply!
We are an E-Verify employer. For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one. Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history.
BMG’s fresh approach includes production music, films, books, artist management, merchandise, neighboring rights, and live as well as music publishing and recordings off the same service platform. BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with. www.bmg.com
Company: BMG Rights Management (US) LLC
Country: United States of America
Postal Code: 37203