BMG is looking for an experienced Senior Manager or Director to support and expedite the detection and recovery of missing revenue streams across income types and territories.
You will work closely with BMG’s Tracking teams worldwide and other departments regarding revenue collection & earnings projection.
You will be responsible for supporting the royalty audit function, which requires the ability to manage and instruct external audit firms and to work closely with legal advisors on both in- and outbound audits.
Please note that this position may be based in London, New York, Los Angeles, or Nashville.
Key responsibilities include:
- Detecting and recovering missing income with collection societies and record labels
- Communicating frequently with other international departments, royalty audit firms, collection societies, business partners and external councils
- Analysing and comparing big volumes of data sets using excel and/or database software to discover trends and income variances
- Reviewing and analysing department workflows to improve efficiency
- Supporting forecasting and budgeting of revenue collections
- Managing an outbound royalty audit process: (i) Compiling statement data and agreements from corresponding departments; (ii) Ensuring required paperwork is in place while onboarding an audit firm for project; (iii) Addressing data and information requests from the auditor and coordinate response with departments internally; (iv) Following up with auditor on progress and monitor audit fees
- Performing desktop audits
This role reports to the Senior Vice President, Group Income Tracking and Royalty Audit, and will manage a small team (1-3 individuals). Occasional travel is required.
- You have 3-5 years’ experience in the music publishing/recording industry
- You have 1-2 years’ experience in Income Tracking, royalty processing and/or analysis. It is preferred if you have experience working with Non-UK/US partners (affiliate offices, sub-publishers, etc.). Additionally it is desirable if you’ve held positions that work with Finance and/or Operations
- You are a highly organised and ambitious team player who’s up for a challenge (BMG is the fastest growing company in the music publishing industry)
- You have excellent communication and analytical skills, are highly motivated and take a hands-on, proactive approach to your work
- You have experience in leading teams as well experience in recovering/claiming income for all major income types.
- You have advanced excel skills, and have a good working knowledge of Counterpoint products (iMaestro, Music Maestro, RecordMaestro) and/or Database/BI software (Tableau, MS Access or Power BI)
BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age.
That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our artists receive all payments promptly and accurately.
We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or a record label – although we offer both services.
BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
BMG The New Music Company.
If you feel that you have the experience for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a covering email.
Deadline: 20th January 2017