Come As You Are.
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
*BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.
Senior Manager, Streaming
We are looking for a Senior Streaming Manager who is knowledgeable on the top-performing digital retailer platforms; specifically, Amazon and SoundCloud, to actively manage those accounts on a day-to-day basis for our artists. If you are eager to learn all aspects of the digital landscape as it correlates to music, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Lead relationship manager to selected digital partners: Amazon & SoundCloud
- Pitching artists and delivering assets for both playlisting and marketing opportunities
- Creating weekly placement reports for Product Managers and Artist Managers
- Implementing best practices on Amazon Music & SoundCloud – including updating artist and background images, Spotlight, and more
- Liaising with the Global DSP team on a weekly basis on marketing initiatives in the US
- Partnering with other divisions within BMG to align marketing efforts and opportunities to create revenue
- Reporting key news and industry trends in the streaming space to the Recorded Music team
- Attending recurrent internal meetings with BMG’s repertoire owners
- Monitor release day placements, playlist adds and daily streaming numbers for priority tracks
- Set up top-tier marketing looks at Amazon including OOH Billboards, Amazon Originals, Breakthrough, [RE]DISCOVER and more
- You are a streaming expert with experience of digital marketing & commerce within the music industry
- You have experience building relationships with the accounts, clients, artist managers and internal teams
- You are incredibly organized and goal minded
- You have a creative mind with the ability to bring forth new ideas around specific marketing campaigns
- You have a passion for promoting music and connecting fans with their favorite (or soon-to-be favorite artists)
- You are proactive and work well in a team environment
It’s a plus if you also have
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Previous experience with Amazon Music for Arists
- A general understanding of the role of metadata, platform algorithms and the effect on content discovery
What’s In It For You
- Robust medical/dental/vision packages
- Hybrid working model (3 days in office, 2 from home)
- Flexible time off
- $500 fitness reimbursement
- Diverse possibilities of personal and professional development including trainings and access to Lynda.com
- Dollar for dollar match of up to 6% into 401(k) after your first year with the company
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for music
BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our clients receive all payments promptly and accurately.
We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or a record label – although we offer both services. BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
Are you interested? Follow the link to apply!
Pay Range: $65,000 – 70,000 per annum
The pay range listed above is dependent upon factors such as work experience, qualifications and business needs. In addition to the range above, this role is eligible for a discretionary annual bonus and applicable benefits.
BMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one. Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history.
BMG’s fresh approach includes production music, films, books, artist management, merchandise, neighboring rights, and live as well as music publishing and recordings off the same service platform. BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with. www.bmg.com
Company: BMG Rights Management (US) LLC
Country: United States of America
City: Los Angeles
Postal Code: 90036