An exciting Opportunity to join the fastest growing music company!
We are a growing international music company that offers a friendly and collaborative working environment with great benefits and a leadership team who values every employee
Our mission is to be a better kind of music business. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximise the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our artists receive all payments promptly and accurately.
We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or record label – although we offer both services.
BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
We are a division of the Bertelsmann Group which includes Penguin Random House, RTL Group and Arvato.
We are looking for a Senior Manager – Neighbouring Rights to join our buzzing offices in Paddington.
Our Neighbouring Rights team optimizes the collection of the royalties due when recordings are played in public whether on terrestrial radio or increasingly via digital radio services. They are responsible for ensuring our repertoire is registered accurately with collection societies and then track the income, ensuring we are able to benefit from one of the worldwide recording industry’s fastest growing income streams.
You will be responsible for…
- International Exploitation (registration, claiming, dispute management) of Neighbouring Rights – specifically UK, Europe & non BMG territories
- Assist in retrieval, submission, monitoring and reporting of sales data submissions to societies where applicable
- Develop processes, systems and data requirements of individual collection societies in order to improve understanding and increase revenue
- Monitor and report (Income Tracking) on Neighbouring Rights
- Build & maintain key relationships with international collecting societies, third party collection partners and industry bodies
- Work together with IT & Supply Chain Operations to build PPI data processes for society requirements
The ‘Must haves’
- Solid experience working at a label, publisher, collection society or other related company in a similar role
- Strong Knowledge of neighbouring rights
- Experience with Metadata / publishing data systems (e.g. Record Maestro, iMaestro)
- Confident working with large data sets
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Ability & desire to work in an international team
The ‘Nice to haves’
- Experience with big-data software
- Degree level or equivalent qualifications (i.e BTEC or Apprenticeship
- Bi Lingual
- 25 days annual leave plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Artist showcases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment
If this opportunity sounds like music to your ears, click ‘Apply now’!
BMG is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. All job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.