We are looking for a Senior Manager (m/f) for our Income Tracking Recordings Team in Berlin or London.
You are a dedicated, proactive professional, keen to be part of the world’s fastest growing music company, BMG.
What you should know about us
BMG is a new kind of digital age music company formed less than seven years ago with a relentless focus on delivering fairness, transparency and service to artists and songwriters
Uniquely for its size BMG represents both songs and recording rights on the same state-of-the-art platform worldwide
It is already the world’s fourth biggest player in music publishing and one of the biggest players in recordings in Europe
Our ambitions are not satisfied yet!
As a Senior Manager (m/f) Income Tracking Recordings, you will be responsible for reviewing and verifying various Recording income streams. You will be working autonomously for the head office Income Tracking department and closely with the Recorded Royalties and Finance team. Your primary responsibilities will include the followings:
- Verify correctness of PPI society income streams from Soundexchange, PPL and GVL.
- Compare the repertoire accounted with the companies registered repertoire and check if accounted airplay spins are in line with actual airplay usage data
- Verify distribution/licensing income for frontline artists, by controlling accounted sales/ streams against 3rd Party sales and stream data
- Review distribution source statements, to verify accounted royalty rates against the contractual rates
You have successfully completed a commercial or business education (or comparable) and have at least 2 years of experience in the music/media industry, particularly in the field of recording rights, royalties, supply chain, or finance/controlling.
Ideally, you have gained basic understanding of recording income streams (including PPI) and royalty accounting.
In addition, you have:
- Sharp mind with high analytical competence
- Very good communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Preferably knowledge in database and programming languages such as SQL or Python
- Great flexibility, resilience and unrestricted team spirit to work remotely across territory borders
- High proactive, motivated and goal-oriented working style
- If you can convince us with your strong commitment, and passion for numbers and music at the same time, we look forward to receiving your application.
Now let’s see what’s in it for you
- A fair and transparent business model and company structure
- Diverse possibilities of personal and professional development including trainings, access to Bertelsmann University and Lynda
- Flexible working hours and an employee savings scheme
- Public transport company ticket to get easily to our beautiful office located close to Gendarmenmarkt
- Regular in-house concerts – to listen to all the awesome stuff we are producing every day
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for music including industry veterans who always have a great and unique story to share
Are you interested? Then send us your application and all the convincing arguments why you are the right person to get this job.
The challenge is on. Let’s create a future together.
Please feel free to apply either in German or in English: