Founded in 2008, BMG has become the fourth-largest music publisher worldwide. Our success and competitive edge are rooted in our founding values of fairness, transparency, and service. Our mission is clear: to empower artists and songwriters to maximize the potential of their songs and recordings in the digital era.
Join our dynamic Business Development team in Berlin as a highly skilled and motivated Senior Manager (f/m/d) of Digital Business Development for DSPs. In this role, you will have the exciting opportunity to identify, onboard, and manage DSPs and other services. You’ll foster strategic partnerships with these platforms and drive business growth by leading all related initiatives across BMG’s recorded and publishing licensing.
- Act as the primary point of contact for various DSPs, building strong relationships with platform representatives.
- Participate in contract negotiations with digital platforms, ensuring favorable terms and conditions that align with BMG’s business objectives.
- Drive revenue growth by leveraging managed accounts and by optimizing their respective monetization strategies.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities within managed DSPs and the wider digital music sector.
- Proactively seek potential partners, platforms, and distribution channels to expand BMG’s market reach and revenue streams.
- Utilize data analytics and reporting tools to track performance metrics, monitor account health, and identify growth opportunities.
- Define and setup KPI’s, generate regular reports on key account performance and report performance to senior management.
- Collaborate closely with internal teams, guiding them to align goals and successfully implement partnership initiatives.
- Previous experience in business development or key account management roles within the music, technology, or content industry. Preferably with a focus on digital platforms and streaming services.
- Strong understanding of the digital music landscape, including streaming and UGC platforms, non-traditional DSPs, digital distribution, licensing, and revenue models for social media, AR/VR, gaming, and ad-supported media.
- Ability to drive mutually beneficial agreements with strategic partners.
- Degree in business, analytics, product, music, or creative industries.
- Fluent in English, with German skills being a plus.
- Results-oriented work style, with the ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strategic and analytical thinker, capable of identifying market opportunities and effective business development strategies that consider data, market trends, and consumer behavior.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, fostering strong relationships and collaborations with internal and external stakeholders.
- An outstanding team player, with a proven ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
What We Offer
- A modern office in the heart of Berlin and flexible options for remote work.
- Numerous benefits such as a free BVG job ticket, an annual Headspace membership, a reduced-price membership for Urban Sports, discounts for Bertelsmann employees etc.
- Ongoing training opportunities on our internal platforms BMG Campus and Bertelsmann University.
- Long-term career opportunities for all employees.
- A collaborative work environment with an open, appreciative community of people who all share the same passion for working with artists and songwriters.
- Our unique corporate culture based on strong values and mutual support that make us a great team.
This Is Us
As the great Kurt Cobain once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees. We value diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity is deeply rooted in our core value of fairness, and we are committed to creating a truly inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive.
If you’re good at what you do, come as you are! Whether you’re an experienced professional or just starting out, we welcome you to join our team.
All applicants to BMG are treated equally – regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or parenthood, ethnic origin, color, nationality, religion, or belief.
(BMG is publishing Kurt Cobain’s catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are.’)
Unternehmen: BMG RIGHTS MANAGEMENT Europe GmbH
Job ID: 261040
Location: Berlin, BE, DE, 10117