Your Mission at BMG.
You will be responsible for developing, managing and driving the digital sales strategy for BMG’s Catalogue business in order to maximise sales and streaming revenues.
Maintain an exceptional understanding of marketing, streaming, creative and sales opportunities, systems and timelines.
What You’ll Be Doing.
- Oversee the Catalogue Digital Sales team within the UK Digital Sales department
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with all catalogue representatives at digital service provider worldwide (Spotify, Apple, YouTube, etc.)
- Build and develop strong working relationships with BMG’s distribution partner
- Representation in catalogue artist, manager and label meetings to discuss digital agendas
- Build and maintain service driven and collaborative relationships with internal teams (Executive Team, UK Frontline & International, Digital Marketing, Production, Creative and A&R)
- Be a key member of the global digital sales team and help to strategize and execute BMG’s global streaming and retail campaigns
- Hub Function responsibility for international markets and liaison with local teams
- Work closely with UK and International Catalogue Product Managers to help define digital strategies around release priorities
- Directly liaise with the catalogue representatives at digital retail partners and distribution partner on key priorities and provide pitch information
- Liaise with the UK Digital Sales team and schedule/attend regular meetings with digital retail partners – including catalogue specific listening sessions, artist meet and greets and general planning meetings as well as inviting partners to BMG gigs
- Ensure releases and priorities are properly scheduled in accordance with relevant partner guidelines
- Work directly with all UK catalogue label and product teams on key priorities and soliciting them to the digital retail partner’s catalogue teams
- Collaborate and work directly with the global streaming departments on international key priorities and exchange initiatives
- Liaise with UK Digital Sales team and collaborate with marketing on building out digital campaigns as it pertains to opportunities at the DSPs including on & off platform support
- Provide managerial support for the Catalogue streaming team by directing guidance on weekly initiatives and priorities
- Analyse streaming performance and make appropriate recommendations
- Monitor playlist placements and analyse the impact on streaming numbers
- Generate sales/streaming reports for internal colleagues as well as UK management
- Setting and optimising download pricing and campaigns
- 2+ years of experience in the streaming sector at a known label or digital service
- Proven track record working in recorded catalogue repertoire
- Experience managing a team
- Experience of working with and managing creative talents and their management
- Open, collaborative and supportive
- Service orientated
- Open for change and developing
- Motivated and driven
- Respectful and honest
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills
- Advanced Excel and data skills, specifically working with general music industry data and analytical tools (Chartmetric, Soundcharts, CrowdTangle, OCC, Nielsen, etc.)
- Professional MS Office skills
- Digital and data savvy
Now, what’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Artist showcases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment
BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our clients receive all payments promptly and accurately.
We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or a record label – although we offer both services.
BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
Here at BMG we are committed to equal employment opportunity and so all applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. If you require any reasonable accommodation or adjustments due to a disability for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of the request.
We are happy to discuss the possibility of reduced hours, remote working, flexible start and finish times, or compressed hours. We can’t always accommodate every request, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.